Machine Learning Engineer
Join us and be part in shaping the next era of disruptive energy technologies to support decentralization, decarbonization and digitalization. The Digital Innovation unit is leading SEAS-NVE’s efforts to develop the next generation of integrated user-engaging energy solutions based on cloud-computing and enhanced by machine learning. We look for a technical candidate which is used to work in an agile environment and recognizes the importance of fast iterating on new ideas and concepts, but without losing focus on quality and stability in the final solutions.
Trends in technology and energy utilization is evolving at a fast pace. In the Digital Innovation unit, we use value proposition design and agile development to evaluate and transform these trends into working solutions. The unit consist of nine highly motivated persons spanning both business, technology and analytics, which work closely with international technology- and development partners and universities why most communication are in English. The company main language is Danish.
Working in SEAS-NVE
In SEAS-NVE we use value-based management principles focusing on business, culture, and learning. Tasks, decisions, and responsibility are mainly with our employees. We prioritize good cooperation, team development as well as the individual's personal and professional development. We provide opportunities for development and a certain degree of freedom with responsibility but we expect in return commitment, performance, cooperation and knowledge sharing.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will work closely with a team of data analysts, data scientists and business developers to deliver state-of-the-art analytical solutions - and by using your natural curiosity ensure that we constantly innovate. You will ensure that the advance analytical solutions developed by the team (including you) will be applied into actual deliverances utilized by solutions like our digital energy assistant ‘Watts’ or our internal simulation tools. This includes developing and maintaining our overall machine learning pipelines and codebase to ensure stability, scalability and good performance.
To summarize, your job will be to merge great software design and engineering with advanced machine learning.
Key skills and Experience
You should have:
- deep experience with .NET development and C#
- experience with the Microsoft Azure technology stack
- good theoretical grounding in basic statistics and probability
- knowledge on modern ML techniques – particularly deep learning models
- a relevant education within computer science (MOOCs also count).
… and it is even better if you have:
- experience with large-scale distributed computing, like Azure Batch
- experience in automation through VSTS and Git
- experience with statistical tools, like R etc.
- knowledge on ML libraries, like CNTK, ML.net etc.
As a person you should:
- be eager to learn and translate this knowledge into working software
- appreciate to work in an agile and informal environment
- see the opportunities in every difficulty, and not the difficulty in every opportunity
- take pride in delivering a solid piece of work/code every day
- be proactive, a proven team player and have the skills to communicate your work
- speak Danish or be prepared to learn it.
Finally, the job requires a service and collaboration-oriented approach. We place great emphasis on the fact that you are open, outgoing and take part in the department's goals.
- A various and exciting job with many personal and professional challenges in a – sometimes - fast-paced environment
- An attractive salary package with among other pension including medical care, life insurance coverage and lots of other employee benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Company provided mobile phone and internet.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Head of Digital Innovation Per Madsen at +45 4049 9905 after 28th of August.
Send us your application, your CV and other relevant documents by following the link "Søg jobbet her" (=apply now) below.
Last application date is September 16th 2018 .
Interviews will be held in Svinninge on September 24th 2018.
We are looking forward to hear from you.
SEAS-NVE is a modern cooperatively owned energy- and fiber-optic group. We uphold the interests of our 560.000 cooperative members and customers when we invest in wind turbines, innovate for the future and advise on energy; when we lay electrical cables underground, roll out fibre-optic broadband and renovate street lightening, and when we own and service the geographically longest electricity grid in Denmark. And also when we as the largest provider of electricity and natural gas meet our customers with a personal customer support and the best solutions for their needs. We are about 900 employees and our turnover for 2017 was DKK 3,8 billion.