Backend Go Developer - Copenhagen
Do you want to build systems that gives our 29 million users a stunning experience when they want to know or buy one of our 9 million wines? Then we’ve got a lot of opportunities for you to leave your mark.
Vivino is by far the most used wine app in the world and we are creating the world’s largest and easiest marketplace for wine. It’s already available in 10 countries with 300,000 products, but we want to make it available to many more people! So, we are seeking an experienced Go developer for our Copenhagen office, ready to join a vibrant startup.
- Work with our millions of data points, such as wine scans, ratings and prices, to build systems that gives people a stunning user experience when they want to know or buy one of our 10M wines
- Improve our wine recognition pipeline to enable people to find exactly the wine they are scanning
- Work on our price engine to enable more users to find the best available wine for their budget in our Marketplace
- Build and integrate data pipelines and APIs for massive amounts of data using backend services and concurrent systems in Go/Golang, MySQL, Kafka, Aerospike and Elasticsearch
- Analyze optimization issues.
- Experienced Go developer
- Proficiency with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Very strong problem-solving skills
- Familiar with Test Driven Development
- Ability to work in a team environment at a fast-paced, small company
- Understand object orientation and concurrent execution models
- Identify yourself more with the virtues of a great developer, rather than specific languages and frameworks
- Excel at working with complicated datasets
- Have experience with both statically typed languages as well as dynamic scripting languages
- Able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
You are a curious, communicative person who is eager to learn and are ready to join a startup with few formal procedures and limits. You're not an asshole.
Why apply to a job with Vivino?
- You're attracted to a relaxed but ambitious environment, with 60 people across 20 nationalities working together in 1 office
- You enjoy being trusted to deliver, without micromanagement
- You like influencing what you work with and the people you work with
- Lunch. You eat lunch, right?
- You find the thought of drinking wine during work hours both decadent and attractive.
Vivino is the world's largest wine community, built on top of a vast database of 9 million wines and 30 million wine reviews. More than 29 million users of the Vivino app provide ratings, reviews, price info and much more on a daily basis. Our app is by far the most downloaded and used wine app in the world and available in the Apple App Store and Google Play.
Vivino has offices in Copenhagen, San Francisco, Ukraine and India.
To apply for this position press this link or apply via "Apply online".