At BESTSELLER IT we are looking for a true hero; a System Engineer who is an amazing team player, enjoys highly challenging environments, is passionate about building cloud-native distributed systems, is not afraid of dealing with legacy monoliths and takes pride in optimizing them for the joy and cherishment of our customers, our colleagues, our brands and our markets.
We are on a journey towards becoming truly agile. With fast-moving product-oriented teams, BESTSELLER IT is organised to bring closer together the people, processes, technology and information required to enable our business to create results.
You will become part of a self-organising and high-performing agile team of highly skilled cross-functional colleagues with full-stack end-to-end responsibility of specific key products for our business; examples are our sales platforms, business-to-business systems, endpoint management and application integrations with the systems and workflows our key customers (counting Amazon and Zalando to name just a few).
We always search for new ways of creating value, while continuously improving our existing solutions focusing on evolutionary architectures, optimizing our deliveries to reach outstanding quality, exquisite development experiences and unprecedented speed of delivery.
In BESTSELLER IT the atmosphere is more like that of a startup than an IT department with hundreds of colleagues. We have rapid decision processes, there is room for experimenting with new technologies, and we move fast from idea to execution.
Your primary responsibility will be to participate in the creation and design of scalable and highly reliable distributed systems running on our public cloud providers, taking full ownership and responsibility over these products together with the rest of your team, in light of the “you build it, you run it” principle.
To do that efficiently and effectively, you will develop an understanding of the way our current technical ecosystem works, enabling you to operate on and extend our legacy systems, when needed, in order to bridge existing functionalities to the new platforms and technologies through an event-driven approach. Your focus will always be on ensuring delivery of immediate business value to our stakeholders while modernizing our technical landscape - in complete alignment with the agile mindset and way of working.
As a person, you have a strong desire to learn. You are naturally interested and experienced in new technologies, and you are open to analysing and understanding existing systems and tech stacks in your immediate surrounding. You enjoy the challenge of bridging the “new world” to the old in order to constantly evolve systems and applications while continuously delivering business value to our customers.
Being part of a small, agile team, it comes natural to you to share your knowledge and to inspire and support your colleagues. You contribute constructively to team discussions, and you enjoy finding creative solutions to complex problems together. With your critical eye and sense for detail, you deliver quality code and take ownership and feel accountable for the team’s results.
You have a business mindset and thrive in a role where you collaborate closely with colleagues across the entire business to deliver solutions with the end-user in mind.
- Whether you are fresh out of the university or you are an experienced IT professional, we would love to hear from you!
- You have experience and/or interest in mastering the creation of cloud-native applications.
- You have experience and/or interest in using public cloud technologies, more specifically AWS and Google Cloud.
- Event-driven design, CQRS, Microservice Architecture and Publish-Subscribe are concepts you are familiar with.
- You have experience and/or interest in taking responsibility over the full stack of your team’s products and their lifecycle management. From coding the actual solution to talking directly to our customers’ technical teams and representatives - and anything in between such as quality assurance, deployment and release management.
- You are a Java wizard – or possess serious mojo within in similar languages and related frameworks.
Key players in our technology stack
- Java (Spring, Spring Boot, and so on).
- .Net and Biztalk.
- Container Technology as Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Message brokers as RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc.
- CI/CD pipelines and everything related to secure them (Functional and non-functional automated testing).
- SQL, and PL-SQL on Oracle DB.
- Much, much more!
Curious for more?
We look forward to hearing from you!
In case you have any further questions, you are welcome to contact Angelo Agatino Nicolosi on +455215 4048. Otherwise send us your application and CV as soon as possible and no later than 23 October 2018.
About BESTSELLER IT
We are more than 300 people strong with our primary location in Denmark and hubs in Spain and Germany. We are excited about what we do, but there’s more to us than our tech stack.
We are young at heart and thrive in a flat organisation. Our teams are agile and empowered with end-to-end responsibility. We want to be at the forefront of the newest technologies, and we move forward together. Every day.
If you want to play a significant part in empowering our business, then welcome to BESTSELLER IT.
BESTSELLER IT is part of the worldwide fashion company BESTSELLER. For more information, please go to https://about.bestseller.com/