Hands-On Technical Team lead
With many new and exciting projects underway, Trifork is very busy and is now looking for a passionate and talented Team Lead with a developer background to join our dynamic and growing team in Copenhagen.
Join the Trifork family.
This is a unique opportunity for those who want to combine their leadership and technical experience and make a difference in a fast-growing company. If you can see yourself building the next Mobile Pay solution or other innovative web & cloud based software solutions, then please read on.
About the job
As a Team lead, you will be developing architecture, maintaining and promoting best practices, and leading the team by example, by being the technical steward of the team.
You will be responsible for leading, overseeing, and mentoring a team of 5-8 software developers, so you need to be very hands on - you should expect to be coding on a daily basis. You will define the vision and your aim is to help your team improve the products, features, workflow, and the technology stack in close collaboration with the costumer.
The developers at Trifork are very collaborative both internally but also with the customer. It is therefore important that you are able and willing to build relationships with our customers and strive to involve them in the whole process, openly addressing the challenges along the way and cultivating an environment of collaboration, transparency and integrity
We believe in agility and skills, not in suits and lengthy processes
- You favour working in small autonomous teams where you can impact the course of action.
- People over process. You believe in communications with your peers to reach a collective goal.
- Curiosity. You love exploring, learning and sharing new technology.
- Problem solver. You are someone who aren't afraid of solving a problem outside your main area of expertise.
About your qualifications
You hold a degree in computer science, software engineering or similar, and have worked as lead and/or management in recent years.
- Be a technical steward of the team you lead
- Interface with the other technical leads and teams in other locations.
- Improve the products, features, workflow, and the technology stack.
- Mentor and manage members of your team.
- Provide hands-on guidance and bring new members of your team up to speed and share the knowledge.
- Strong development background in mobile, web or/and cloud
- Good grasp of architecture, algorithms, data structures & operating system principles.
- Solid background in networking & high volume/scale transaction processing systems.
- Experience working with open source databases, libraries, tools and code bases.
Trifork is and will always be a software engineering firm. We all love to create and build new stuff. We often are at the frontier of new technology, therefore there are a lot of greenfield projects that demand a high degree of responsibility and freedom for developers. We take pride in empowering employees to make decisions on their own, give them self-control and flexibility.
Since the beginning in Denmark in 1996, Trifork has been pushes the limits and boundaries of what new technologies can do for mankind and the environment. And we still do it to day!
Our daily work is characterized by an open and honest atmosphere, and we put emphasis on creating a challenging yet fun working environment. We work in agile and cross-functional teams with a focus on pair programming and close collaboration with customers. Professional sparring is important to us, and as a rule, we have at least two developers per project.
Team-based development. We choose the right technology based on project demands and team decisions.
Work life balance. We are very aware that you have a life outside of work and that your family comes first.
Furthermore, within the first few months of starting at Trifork, you will participate in New Hire Training with our founder & CEO as well as other new (and sometimes old) colleagues from Trifork offices around the world, at our very own finca in Mallorca, Casa Maria.
- Trifork Hackerdays – the opportunity to dive into technologies and projects of your choice offsite with your colleagues
- GOTO Conference and GOTO Nights – where you play a large part its content/topics
- The opportunity to attend other developers conferences around the world
- Scrum Certification
- The opportunity to use new technology in projects
- Annual strategy trip that focuses on team building and corporate culture
- Platform independence and the freedom to organise your time and work location
- Centrally located office
- Daily lunch at our cantina
- Laptop, smartphone and broadband.