Lead Data Scientist
Would you like to help major Nordic organizations to deliver large scale data solutions that enable them to unlock real value through advanced analytics and AI? Join our new and fast-growing Insights & Data practice to develop your consulting skills and break the boundaries of data science.
Join us at the heart of insights & data
At Capgemini, we deliver end-to-end solutions within all areas of IT and advanced analytics to help solve major challenges for our clients in the private and public sector. The Insights & Data practice is focused on creating cutting-edge machine learning solutions that run on top of reliable, scalable and high-performing Big Data platforms on-premise and in the cloud.
As a member of our Insights & Data practice, you will be part of a global network of experts and work to design and deliver advanced analytics solutions and advisory to our clients. Collaborating with our data engineers, delivery leads and subject matter experts you will:
- Stay at the forefront of data science and become a trusted advisor to our clients by consulting on feasibility, opportunities and challenges within AI and advanced analytics
- Design project plans for all phases of the machine learning solution lifecycle, from architecting roadmaps and technology selections, to development, testing and deployment
- Work hands-on to build key components for both proof-of-concepts and production implementation projects
- Manage the portfolio of internal technical assets including code and frameworks
- Hire, mentor and grow your own team of data scientists to successfully execute on advanced analytics projects.
Be a fellow founder of our future team
'Our division is quite new, but we have great ambitions for it, and are expecting it to grow fast! Joining us now, means that you will become a part of the team in its very beginning, and step into the role as a founder and technical lead. As such, you will have the opportunity to shape the practice as you help it grow.' says Mathias Pedersen, Head of Insights & Data.
Data scientist with a talent for consultancy
With the ambition of rapidly growing the team, we are looking for talented data scientists at all levels of experience. If you fulfil all the requirements below you are our ideal candidate for lead data scientist. If you are missing a few, you should still apply and learn them with us.
What we look for is a deep understanding of the theory behind machine learning and statistical modelling algorithms, the ability to implement them using state-of-the-art tools and libraries and to productionize them in a business setting. You most likely have:
- A degree in a highly quantitative field (e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering) with rock-solid knowledge of statistics and programming fundamentals
- Extensive background applying data mining algorithms and statistical modeling techniques such as clustering, classification, regression, decision trees, neural networks, support vector machines, anomaly detection, recommender systems and time series modeling
- Experience in techniques for feature selection and engineering, ensemble learning, model evaluation, testing, experiment design, dealing with incomplete, high-dimensional or unbalanced data sets
- End-to-end project experience using data science to solve complex real-world problems
- Scientific programming and rapid prototype and visualization development. E.g. R, Python, Spark
- Software development, e.g. version control, continuous integration and containerization
- Understanding of large-scale computing principles and techniques and work comfortably with Big Data technologies in the Hadoop and Spark ecosystem.
- Preferably cloud experience (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Fluent communication skills in English.
If you have questions or want to know more about the position, please contact Head of Insights & Data Mathias Pedersen on +45 52 18 92 52 or at email@example.com
If this job sounds appealing to you, please send your resume as soon as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you.