Head of Development for Workzone
Are you our new Head of Development for Workzone in R&D?
Become responsible for the daily management of currently 15 Danish developers, and their agile development of an industry leading Enterprise Content Management system, Workzone. Your focus will be in creating and maintaining highly productive development teams, that produce fantastic customer aligned functionality, in an efficient development process, while having fun along the way.
You will be responsible for People, Process and Product, and we expect you to:
- Focus on change management, culture building, creating followship and happy employees
- Ensure proper resource allocation
- Ensure an efficient development process in the agile teams together with rest of management team and stakeholders in product management by continual improvements
- Ensure that the technical evolution of development tools, and frameworks are continually evaluated and implemented to ensure efficient and attractive development environment
- Understand and ensure successful delivery of committed deliveries
You will also:
- Help coordinate efforts of developers, Team Leads, Scrum Masters and Testers
- Help coordinate communication between development teams and Business/Product Owners
- Secure alignment between business and development
- Act as sparring partner for teams
- Act as sparring partner on technology choices
The Successful Head of Development
To be able to fulfill the role as Head of Development the optimal candidate will have a professional profile that combines developing and managing skills. We would like you to have:
- Exposure to agile methodologies, and Scrum/Kanban in particular
- Previous experience managing others, for example as a team lead, project manager or development manager
- Experience with technology and process transformation, for example introduction of new technologies to teams or a continuous improvement mindset
- Experience with distributed teams (nearshore Poland and Ukraine)
- Full oral and written proficiency in both English and Danish
Even though you might not be an experienced manager, your personal skills should emphasize your talents to lead and inspire others. You will be the one to develop and drive the team to success, and we need you to have talent and skills for:
- Experience with scalable architectures and performance optimizations
- Bringing a team together, driving, motivating and inspiring them
- Thinking holistically and having a crossover business focus
- Taking on responsibility, initiative and making decisions
Working in Workzone and KMD
As a Head of Development in Workzone area you will be part of small management team with the sole purpose of making the people, the product and how we build it, the best in the market. You will also be part of the R&D division which houses most of the products owned by KMD, and in here you will be able to network and work together with approx. 20 other head of development, each talented in their areas, and in a longer perspective grow your experience by relocating to other areas if relevant.
At KMD, you get the opportunity to be part of building the greatest IT solutions in Denmark designed to ensure our place among the world’s leading digital nations. If you take this opportunity and show us you can make great products, we will be sure to provide you with amble career opportunities.
Send us your application as soon as possible. If you would like to know more about the position please contact Morten Hall Schou, Technology Director by phone on +45 42 82 23 02.