Front end developers
Can you build innovative web solutions that can help solve the world’s challenges in water and environment?
DHI is a global leader in solving the toughest challenges within water and environment. We help private and public clients manage water related risks associated with the planning, construction and operation of water related infrastructure such as ports, offshore wind farms, hydropower dams and waste water treatment plants. We also help manage water resources and advise on environmental impacts. How will climate change affect the risk of flooding in coastal cities? What are the most suitable sites for new offshore wind farms? How can we increase the efficiency of our waste water treatment plants? These are some of the questions that we help our clients answer.
In order to make these answers more accessible we are creating a team of web developers to build new online offerings on top of our consultancy solutions. DHI has some of the most advanced technology for modelling the world of water but our web apps need to be interactive, responsive and intuitive.
You will be part of a new cross-cutting team anchored in the consultancy division. This means you will have a unique chance to influence the direction DHI is taking in making our consultancy available in scalable web solutions.
Your tasks will be to:
- Design and create tailored web applications – but with scalability in mind
- Developing rapid prototypes for new services in close dialogue with water domain experts and our clients
- Collaborate with back-end developers and architects to build web solutions and APIs.
Qualifications required for the job include:
- Proficient in front-end development frameworks such as Angular, React, Google Web Components, Bootstrap
- A flair for designing UX/UI – experience with design tools is a plus, eg Figma, Sketch, Illustrator
- Knowledge of geospatial technologies for web (Leaflet, GeoServer, GeoJSON, Google Maps etc.)
- Ability and interest in understanding client needs and developing solutions to match these
- A curious and innovative mind set and ability to quickly adopt new methodologies and technologies
- Good written and oral communication skills in English (Danish an asset).
What we offer is:
- A role where your work and results will get great exposure and focus – both inside the company and externally
- Ability to take a leading role in developing groundbreaking environmental solutions with a global impact
- A social and fun international working environment with innovative and dedicated colleagues
- Close interaction with IT experts from our software development units in Denmark and our international offices
- An attractive and informal work environment – working in small teams but relying on the power of a large organization with 1000 staff globally
- Opportunity to travel to DHI offices in other countries.
Information and application
For further information, please contact Mikael Kamp Sørensen (email@example.com), Thor Ugelvig Petersen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please submit your application including CV via the relevant job posting on DHI’s website (www.dhigroup.com/careers) as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed continuously.
Applications will be evaluated continuously so we encourage you to apply quickly.