Senior Backend Engineer
At Zendesk, we strongly believe that to build a great product you have to have great people. We enjoy working with other smart focused people who care about both the product and the code they write. We value collaboration and test-driven development and release frequently. We like and use agile processes and believe that pragmatism always triumphs over dogmatism. We all own the product and enjoy the impact we have improving it. We’re looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to help take Zendesk Guide to the next level in terms of features and functionality. You’ll have the skills, experience, wisdom, ability to collaborate as well as patience to work with the team to deliver high-quality software to meet our customers' needs.
What you get to do every day
- Work with a group of passionate, intelligent, humble software engineers.
- Help create and influence innovative products that rely on Machine Learning technologies.
- Ship your code to production and impact the work of hundreds of thousands of people around the globe.
- Work with a broad range of technologies including Kafka, GraphQL, Ruby on Rails, Redis and Nginx.
- Use a best-in-class modern stack: AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
What you bring to the role
- You build great products, beautiful simple features and run them in the Cloud natively.
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal. The main language in the office is English.
- You value good relationships, you take ownership while having fun.
- You rely on numbers to drive the technical decisions by instrumenting the critical paths of the application.
- Strong programming experience in at least one of these languages in Ruby, Java or Scala.
Nice to have
- Experience with streaming technologies like Kafka Streams and Kinesis.
- Experience in building high performance and highly available services used by millions of people every day.
- You have a basic understanding of the principal Machine Learning algorithms.
The best customer experiences are built with Zendesk. Zendesk’s powerful and flexible customer service and engagement platform scales to meet the needs of any business, from startups and small businesses to growth companies and enterprises. Zendesk serves businesses across a multitude of industries, with more than 125,000 paid customer accounts offering service and support in more than 30 languages. Headquartered in San Francisco, Zendesk operates worldwide with 15 offices in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.