What it’s all about
Are you excited by the idea of collaborating within a multidisciplinary team to shape user experiences? If you excel at writing interface copy with a view to influencing the user journey, come join our team as a UX Writer.
You’re a natural advocate for the end-user and a firm champion of the importance of words in the design process. In essence, you use words to give our products a human voice; to guide, delight, reassure, and most of all, to enable users get what they need to do done.
UX writing is still a budding discipline at Siteimprove, which means you’ll be helping define processes and best practices with our current UX writer. Along the way, you’ll get to spar over the merits of the em-dash, engage in involved discussions about microcopy, and exchange writing feedback.
As a close-knit team, we like to celebrate our successes (you’ll be eating a lot of cake) and help each other become the best at what we do. Sound like your cup of tea? Then we’re looking forward to being wowed by your application.
What you’ll be doing
- Write interface copy for multiple products spanning analytics, data privacy, digital accessibility, content quality, web performance, and SEO (note: SEO as a product; you won’t be working on SEO for our own webpages)
- Collaborate with designers, developers, product owners, and QA testers to incorporate content into the design and development process
- Develop and ensure consistent use of voice, tone, and terminology across all user-facing touchpoints
- Coordinate and prepare UI content for localization with our localization manager
- Write external release notes and internal release communications.
Who you are
- You’re meticulous about how you use language and have a deep understanding of the nuances of every word and phrase you use
- You can condense ideas into the least number of words possible without sacrificing clarity.
An evidence-driven communicator
- You’re confident about justifying your writing choices to other stakeholders
- You’re equally at ease giving and receiving constructive criticism.
A UX designer (loosely speaking)
- You understand and empathize with users’ needs
- You’re able to spot usability issues and explore potential solutions.
What skills and experience you bring
- You speak and write English at a native level. Whether or not you’re actually a native, you have a faultless grasp of English grammar and writing mechanics and write in a way that’s indistinguishable from a native.
- 2+ years of industry experience in writing
- Portfolio with relevant writing samples of user-centric content
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in English, journalism, communications, information science, humanities, or other relevant fields.
It’d be nice if you had experience in these areas, though not essential
- Writing in-product content for SaaS software or apps
- Working in UX design (e.g. wireframes, functional specs, user research and testing)
- Developing voice and tone and style guides, and other processes and frameworks to support content creation
- Working in an Agile environment.
What you’ll love about us
Siteimprove is a Danish-founded multinational company with over 500 employees worldwide. In addition to our headquarters in Copenhagen, we have offices in Minneapolis, London, Berlin, Vienna, Amsterdam, Oslo, Sydney, and Toronto, and our customers are spread across North America, Europe, and Australia.
Even though we’ve grown rapidly since our foundation back in 2003, we’ve maintained our entrepreneurial spirit and strong feeling of togetherness. Read more about the Siteimprovers and our inclusive and global “work hard, play hard” culture in this section here: https://careers.siteimprove.com/culture/
We also offer amazing perks!
- Great and inspiring company culture. We are passionate, innovative and people-centric. Consistently named as a great place to work across the globe.
- Amazing kitchen staff. Our head chef and his kitchen staff cook delicious lunch for us every day. There’s always cake on Fridays and on special occasions and celebrations (which, luckily, is quite often). Naturally, we offer free coffee, free sodas, and free fruit ad libitum. Opportunity to buy food to take home at extremely reasonable prices.
- Outstanding office location. We’re located in the heart of Copenhagen in a beautiful building sometimes referred to as “the Palace” by our employees.
- Friday bar. We have our very own Friday Bar. In the summer, we occasionally take the party to our cozy courtyard for barbecuing in the sun.
- Corporate social responsibility. We do various activities to be a good corporate citizen, and we are very proud to be a socially responsible company. Learn more about our CSR efforts here.
How To Apply
Click on the “Apply online” button to submit your application. If you have any questions regarding the job or need a reasonable accommodation to apply, feel free to contact our Director of Release Management, Kate Sygrove at email@example.com.