Integration Developer Team Lead
Would you like to reach new heights with all your skills and experiences as developer? Do you have the talents to lead, coordinate and communicate? Can you see yourself in a new position as part of a proud IT-division, that delivers IT as a service in high quality? Perhaps you are the new Integration Developer Team Lead, we are looking for, in Thomas Cook Group Airlines.
You will be a part of Thomas Cook Airlines IT-division as lead of a small Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) team. We use agile principles, up-to-date technologies and tools in order to keep Thomas Cook Airlines in the position as one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups. We have a well-established SOA and Micro Service philosophy supported with MQs and Service Bus. Programming is mostly done in C# .NET. As team lead you coordinate projects, but you will also still have hands on. You will be based in Copenhagen Airport at Thomas Cook Airlines Scandinavia, which is part of Thomas Cook Group Airlines. You must expect some business traveling – estimated 10 to 15 travel days per year, and primarily to Frankfurt and Manchester. You will be reporting to the IT Development Manager.
Your key responsibilities are to
- map integrations in ESB mapping tool and develop integration extensions in C#
- help driving the right business requirements, good design, ongoing testing, surveillance of solutions, documented and in high quality
- develop and support existing integrations
- lead and train integration developers
- prioritize and manage projects
- communicate closely with the business defining both new projects and small enhancements
- work closely with team colleagues, with focus on ongoing improvement on how we work
- be a part of agile development philosophy.
Desired skills and experience
We expect that you
- have experience with C# .NET, Visual Studio, REST Web Services, TFS/GIT, MS MQ, SFTP, WCF or Azure Service Bus. It is not a requirement, that you master all the tools and technologies, but it is important that you have experience in some of them or in related technologies
- have 5+ years’ work experience in complex development solutions with many data integrations
- have a flair for teaching and a good understanding of data and data flows
- have a structured approach to projects
- possess good communication skills, wide knowledge of communication protocols and know the value of clear and effective communication on all levels in the organization
- can lead and coordinate projects and has a good understanding of architecture.
- can prioritize, work independently and take responsibility
- are native with either Danish or Swedish and can communicate also in English, as Thomas Cook is an international company.
Location and Colleagues
The Thomas Cook Group Airline IT has a total of 90 employees, of which 30 colleagues are based in Copenhagen. Our position is based at the Nordic Headquarter in the south of Copenhagen Airport, close to Dragør and close to the freeway. Public transport is available nearby.
This is how you apply
For further information about the position, you are welcome to contact IT Development Manager, Carsten Hanghøj on 32 47 73 26 – best between 15:00 and 16:00. The start date is as soon as possible. Therefor we will handle applications as we receive them, and we urge you to apply as soon as possible. All applications will be treated with full confidentiality.
We are looking forward to receiving your application before January 4.
Thomas Cook Airlines Scandinavia is Scandinavia’s largest charter carrier with more than 2 million annual guests. Our headquarter is located within Copenhagen Airport in Denmark. Our modern and eco-friendly Airbus-fleet operates from Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland to destinations within Europe, as well as Africa, the Far East and the Caribbean. In corporation with Thomas Cook Group’s other airlines in the UK, Germany and Spain, we are part of the Thomas Cook Group plc with more than 28.000 employees worldwide and 96 aircraft. Almost 19 million people are annually travelling with Europe’s second largest travel company.