Engineering Manager, Advanced Data Management
Part of Milestone Systems’ accelerate innovation, we are building new teams in Research & Development.
We are looking for an Experienced Engineering manager to lead a new team in advanced data management.
You have strong interpersonal, coaching & mentoring skills to enable you drive the team and ensure high engagement and attrition rates.
We also expect you to actively develop your knowledge and skills within the software industry and always strive at being on top of the new industry trends.
The position is in the Back-End group located in Copenhagen and you should expect limited travel.
- You will lead a team responsible for development and maintenance of our back-end server software. The work will be done in our core business product
- Ensure Milestone’s corporate strategy is understood and executed in team
- Take part of the daily development work in the team
- Ensure high quality deliverables by your team
- Attract and recruit new talents
- Ensure low attrition for current talents
- Ensure proper onboarding for new hires
- Ensure continuous training and development opportunities for the team
- Provide regular feedback and coaching to team members
- Assess and improve individual performance of team members and overall performance for the team
- Ensure and improve the employee satisfaction and well-being
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of results and problem solving.
- You hold a degree as a bachelor, master or higher in computer science or similar
- You are an experienced People Manger with at least 3 years of experience in a similar role
- 8+ years of professionally experience within the software development industry
- You have been working professionally with Scrum or another agile development method
- You have working knowledge of high performance, stable and robust server systems
- Skilled in C# og .NET (maybe also C++)
- Excellent command of English (Oral & Written).
- You act as a role model and lead by example
- Possess a solid ability to build relationships and create trust with internal and external stakeholder
- Strong communication & networking skills
- Solid experience in coaching & mentoring. For example, provide frequent and proper feedback
- As a person, you have a strong quality mind-set
- You demonstrate & enforce integrity, teaming & openness
- You display initiative and drive
- You are good at adopting and contributing to company culture
- You are able and willing to work with existing code bases.
If you want to be part of this exciting journey, submit your application and CV in English. Do not hesitate and miss this chance, as interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis.
For more information, please contact Senior Engineering Manager, Søren Løfvall at +45 61 717 516, or visit our website: www.milestonesys.com.
Milestone Systems is a global industry leader in open platform IP video management software, founded in 1998 and now operating as a stand-alone company in the Canon Group. Milestone technology is easy to manage, reliable and proven in thousands of customer installations, providing flexible choices in network hardware and integrations with other systems. Sold through partners in more than 100 countries, Milestone solutions help organizations to manage risks, protect people and assets, optimize processes and reduce costs.
We call ourselves the open platform company. That stands for three things: open platform technology, an open business model and an open company culture. Our video management software (VMS) solutions are designed with an open architecture which allows for easy integration with other security and business systems. Yet open platform encompasses so much more. It also represents an open business model with an extensive technology and channel partner network, where everyone benefits from stronger innovation and value creation for our end-customers. Our open company culture is a foundation for how we collaborate internally and conduct business and share expertise and knowledge with partners and customers.
We are a fast growing company with big ambitions. The entrepreneurial spirit that founded the company can still be seen and felt, even though today we’re a global player in the surveillance industry. We’re headquartered just outside of Copenhagen, Denmark and we have offices in more than 20 countries. We offer a flexible work environment where our employees get to define their workday and have a great deal of influence over how they use their time. We work hard, set our ambitions high and celebrate our successes together. If you are change-willing, internationally-minded and interested in growing as a professional, you’ll fit in just fine. Be sure to follow us so you can be the first to know about job vacancies.