Technical Project Manager - product development
At the VELUX Group, we give you the chance to grow. To shape your own career. To work in an international environment. To be part of a company that leads the market in sustainable indoor living. We offer you a world of opportunities - if you have the ability and the drive to take them.
Discover more at velux.com/career or velux.dk/karriere
Do you have a keen interest in project management, and do you thrive working with complex projects in a fast-paced, technical environment? And are you motivated by working closely with suppliers, utilising your knowledge to create even better solutions?
Then this role could be your next career move as you join a team in constant development that strives to work closely and effectively with stakeholders to ensure that our strategic goals are met.
As a technical project manager, you will be a part of a newly-established team consisting of 13 dedicated and competent specialists who develop hardware and software for remote controls, motors and mechatronic solutions for the value streams in the VELUX® product development.
You will work with complex product development cases and be responsible for coordinating internal resources, ensuring that all projects are delivered on time and within agreed scope and budget. Thus, you will work hands-on with all elements of the project, including planning, business cases, risk control, change management, process facilitation and management of stakeholders in the value streams and care and cost.
More specifically, you will:
- Manage ongoing projects, performing daily leadership tasks as well as scoping and planning activities based on agreed high-quality deliverables to the value streams and other projects
- Lead a diverse team of specialists from your own team as well as Procurement and Supply, facilitate meetings and workshops and secure that objectives are met
- Escalate relevant issues to line management
- Execute lean projects in R&D, such as visual planning, sprints or concurrent engineering
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
As a person, you organise and manage the development projects with great commitment and drive. You have a good sense of humour, and you challenge status quo when you see opportunities for creating better processes and results for the team. Moreover:
- You have a relevant degree in engineering as well as 3-5 years of relevant work experience as a technical project manager or project manager in a larger organisation
- You have experience with business models, process improvements, budgeting and resource planning
- You communicate effortlessly in English - and perhaps you already have experience with establishing partnerships with suppliers
- You have a high level of proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and other relevant project management tools (i.e. Microsoft Projects).
As you will join a newly-established team, you will play an integral role in establishing best practice and work routines to raise the bar for project management in R&D. In addition to operating at a highly professional level, our team is characterised by an informal tone and a healthy sense of humour.
We work as one team to reach our ambitious results, and you partake in project management courses to strengthen your skill set. We believe in empowering people, and we support this through sharing knowledge, delegating responsibility and investing in people who strive to make a difference.
The VELUX Group offers exciting challenges as well as great opportunities to influence your own development alongside competent and committed colleagues in an organisation where commitment, thoroughness and mutual respect are among the core values. Application and contact The application and selection process will be done in collaboration with Brinch & Partners. If you would like to know more about this opportunity and the VELUX Group, please feel free to contact Partner Henrik Smit by telephone +45 2215 2787.
In order to apply for the job, use the 'Apply here' option.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially.
For more information:
Henrik Smit by telephone +45 2215 2787.
For 75 years, the VELUX Group has created better living environments for people around the world; making the most of daylight and fresh air through the roof. Our product programme includes roof windows and modular skylights as well as a range of decoration and sun screenings, roller shutters, installation solutions and intelligent home controls. These products help to ensure a healthy and sustainable indoor climate, for work and learning, for play and pleasure. We work globally – with sales and manufacturing operations in more than 40 countries and around 9,500 employees worldwide. The VELUX Group is owned by VKR Holding A/S, a limited company wholly owned by foundations and family.
For more information, visit www.velux.com