Are you our next Software Application Developer?
Future in the making
MAN Energy Solutions (MAN-ES) is the world’s leading designer of large power units for marine and stationary applications. That’s a big deal. It’s also a big responsibility.
At the core of our business is a focus on innovation. We bring together the brightest people to develop the best components. We are driven by an imperative to continually improve plant efficiency and use our influence to steer the industry in more sustainable directions.
Our new digital business strategy is one of the ways we are streamlining processes, minimizing our carbon footprint and adding longer term value through remote life cycle asset management. It is revolutionizing our approach to product design, technical service offerings and retrofit solutions. It also includes pioneering a digital ecosystem that reduce the friction points for industry collaboration, making it easier for everyone to do business.
If you are someone who has expertise in software engineering, enjoys tackling challenges with real-world impact, and is motivated by the prospect of a digital transformation, then this is the job for you.
How you’ll fit in
You will be joining our Automation Platform Development team, as a developer focussed on building the user interface platform for our Power Units.
We are in the process of creating a new platform for developing user interfaces for all our automation systems. The platform will support local and remote control of our power units on a variety of devices including PCs, tablets, Phones and embedded devices.
You will work together with our UX/UI designer and SW developers based in Copenhagen.
What we’re looking for
Our ideal candidate should have:
- A Master of Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Solid experience with agile development processes – in addition to familiarity using tools such as GIT, Jira and Jenkins, continuous integrations and unit/integration tests
- Solid experience with C++ plus practical knowledge of secure coding, Boost, HTML, CSS and JSON
- Good understanding of UX/UI design principles
- Proficiency meeting multi-platform targets with Windows and Linux
- Confidence and creativity when it comes to multi-paradigm design and OO design patterns.
Our ideal candidate should be:
- A self-organizer who manages own time effectively – following up on their to-do list with the drive to acquire new skills and competences
- A solid team player who embraces a cooperative culture of knowledge-sharing and contributes towards group goals
- Have the ability to work efficiently in the context of complex systems and requirements
- Able to acquire a proficient level of domain understanding.
Interested in applying?
If you believe you have what it takes to fulfil these criteria and if you are ready to make your mark on MAN-ES, then submit your CV and a cover letter here, no later than the 10th of February 2019.
For any questions about the position, you’re more than welcome to contact Head of Basic Software CPH & Security & Architecture, Jesper R Sørensen: 2116 4584 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We power businesses to go further, faster. Now let us do the same with your career.
MAN Energy Solutions SE is the world’s leading provider of large-bore diesel engines and turbomachinery for marine and stationary applications. It designs two-stroke and four-stroke engines, gas and steam turbines as well as compressors. The product range is completed by turbochargers, CP propellers, gas engines and engines for locomotives and chemical reactors. MAN Energy Solutions’ goods include marine propulsion systems and turbomachinery units. Customers receive worldwide after-sales services under the MAN PrimeServ brand.