Senior Backend Go Developer
Do you want to build systems that gives our 35 million users a stunning experience when they want to know or buy one of our 10 million wines? Then we've got a lot of opportunities for you to leave a mark.
Vivino is by far the most used wine app in the world and we are creating the world's largest and easiest marketplace for wine. It's already available in 10 countries with 300,000 products, but we want to make it available to many more people!
That's why we're seeking an experienced Go developer for our Copenhagen office.
You will join one of our backend teams, building APIs, massaging huge datasets into speedy and scalable models, while juggling thousands of concurrent sessions. You will focus on delivering high quality scalable solutions.
- Implement support for new product features and projects.
- Analysis of bugs and performance issues.
- Help in establishing new development frameworks and systems.
- Model data flows in a variety of backend systems.
- Model, build and integrate data pipelines and APIs for massive amounts of data using a variety of backend services.
- Program concurrent systems in Go.
- Be open to or able to write simple programs and UIs in Ruby.
- You have extensive professional experience and identify yourself more with the virtues of a great developer, rather than specific languages and frameworks.
- You excel at working with complicated datasets and you have experience with both statically typed languages as well as dynamic scripting languages.
- You understand object orientation and concurrent execution models.
- You're familiar with Test Driven Development.
- You are able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- You have proficiency with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.).
You are a curious, communicative person who is eager to learn and are ready to join a startup with few formal procedures and limits. You're not an asshole.
- Pension Plan
- Health Insurance
- Lunch catering
- Friday Bar
Vivino is the world's largest wine community, built on top of a vast database of 10 million wines, 100 million ratings and 38 million wine reviews. More than 35 million users globally are scanning wine bottles to see community feedback which helps them choose and buy the best wine. Our app is by far the most downloaded and used wine app in the world. Vivino has earned Editor's Choice on Android and many frontpage features on the Apple App Store. Vivino is the world's largest wine marketplace, with hundreds of online wineshops meeting millions of wine-lovers.
To apply for this job, use the "Apply online" button below.