Software Developer in Test
Schultz is looking to occupy two newly created positions for Software Developers in Test. You will take part in building up this new role for a new Schultz product and help us implement BDD.
As a Software Developer in Test, you can think of yourself as a software developer who happen to write testing functionality instead of feature functionality. Perhaps you are a senior software developer with solid coding skills and understanding of the software craft, who has developed an interest in testing and quality assurance of software.
Your focus is on supporting our software developers so they are efficient in writing unit and integration tests and assisting our DevOps Engineers with maintaining an efficient build and deploy pipeline with regards to test execution.
About the job
You will be a part of the QA group and have a role in reviewing that test designs are “automatable”: That the tests are suitable for implementation by developers, and guiding the developers in their implementation. To accomplish this, you will work tightly with both testers and developers to ensure that a high degree of relevant test cases are being implemented with high quality.
You will be more concerned with increasing code quality and test coverage than adding new features or increasing performance. While testers specify the test design and test cases, most of the test implementation work will be carried out by the software developers, but you empower them by developing frameworks and tooling for the developers to write tests efficiently.
A core part of your work will therefore consist of writing and maintaining the frameworks that the developers use, educate developers ongoingly in writing testable code, and assisting in code review with a focus on tests and testability.
The responsibilities of the Test Developers include:
- Writing unit testing frameworks and automation frameworks to enable software developers to write automated tests
- Create and maintain a strategy for managing external systems and data.
- Review of code testability
- Review of test design and implementation
- Refactoring of existing code to make it more testable
- Advocate testing practices to software developers
- Risk assessment regarding test coverage and implementation
- Assist software developers in writing automated tests
- Implementing the test execution pipeline as part of our CI/CD pipeline
- Ownership of our test automation strategy incl. strategy for handling test data and external integrations
- Collaboration with PO, Testers, and Developers to ensure an efficient QA automation process
The ideal candidate has a MSc or BA in Computer Science or a related field and:
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer
- Proficient in test theory and methodology
- Knowledge of test strategizing
- Knowledge of load testing
- Knowledge of quality and risk evaluation
- Collaborative – we are organized in scrum teams where testing is central
- Experience with test automation on all layers of the test pyramid
- Solid knowledge of IT operations and how operations and quality assurance affect each other
- Experience with BDD is a plus
- Experience with Continuous Delivery is a plus
- Knowledge of React.js is a plus
You might not have all the above qualifications, but if you feel comfortable with a portion of them let's have a talk.
Schultz has around 150 employees and still rising because of a substantial growing demand for our competences and services.
Since 1661 Schultz has been known for supplying information and content, primarily within the judicial domain. This is still a substantial part of our business, but the company has evolved to be a strong supplier of digital solutions and digitization projects, primarily in the public sector. Thus, IT at Schultz stands on two legs – inhouse product development and digitization projects for external customers.
Agile development methods are an integrated part of how we think and how we cooperate. Our professional ambitions are high with a strong focus on quality and craftmanship. However, a day at the office is also characterized by an informal and relaxed tone and we strongly believe that the development of quality software should be fun and that it should be done in close cooperation with competent coworkers in self-organizing teams. Find out more about Schultz here www.schultz.dk
Place of work
Schultz is located in Copenhagen, in Spinderiet, a few meters from Valby Station.
Our house is modern yet friendly with plenty of space for meeting, formal as well as informal. Our surroundings offer pretty much all you need close by and we actively use the neighborhood for walk and talks or meetings and coffee at nearby cafés.
You can start as soon as possible - interviews are held ongoing. So, send us your CV and application via "Apply here". If you have questions to the position you are most welcome to contact Morten Maate, IT Development Manager on tlf. 4195 4762 or on mail: MMA@schultz.dk.