Experienced Software Developer to join global organization
Would you like to join a dedicated and diverse global development team? Do you have an embedded SW development experience along with experience in leading global development teams?
Welcome to EMERSON Transportation Solutions
At Transportation Solutions you will be part of a dedicated team that develops and produces HW and SW supporting monitoring solutions for the refrigerated container market. Our solutions provide shipping lines with mission critical information and actionable insight to reduce food waste and decrease shipping times. Our ProAct solution make it possible for customers worldwide to access live feed monitoring of their Reefers while being shipped – even when they are out of cellular coverage range. Read more about our technology here.
As our new SW Development Engineer, you will report directly to our Engineering Director. You will not only be responsible for support and development, as well as coordinating SW sub-projects and key deliverables. You will coordinate efforts between the onsite development team and external development partners, Product Managers and Project Mangers in line with our overall business strategy.
Your role requires extensive Agile development experience, as you will manage and coordinate smaller projects, such as engineering support tasks,minor refresh or redesign projects and key SW releases, not yet assigned to one of our project managers. In this capacity you will also funciton as the Release Manager.
To be succesfull in this job, as a main liason between multiple functions supporting NPD, Customer Support, and Product Lifecycle Management, you posess excellent communication skills and team work competencies. To achieve results, early involvement in the specification and scoping effort for new projects will be critical for your success. A key element of working across locations and product segments in a matrix organization with remote and diverse teams is openness to other cultures. Finally, your ability to motivate your team, to plan and report to achieve objectives and drive results is a key requirement.
- Responsibility for translating market requirements into workable development plans
- SW Development and deployment
- Definition of test/QA requirements
- Support departments in the design of test cases
- Rapid SW Prototyping – In close collaboration with HW Development team
- Design project plans in cooperation with Project Management
- Project status & control
- Leadership of smaller engineering team and SW projects preferred.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Software Engineering, Electronics Engineering or similar
- Project Management experience, preferably using Agile project management concepts
- Deep understanding of product development practices with proven ability to work across borders and teams.
- Drive and lead change
- Experience with data integration, application programming, decision support, transactional processing, IoT, client/server architectures, and firmware development.
- Strong C++ skills
- Minimum of five years of relevant work experience
- Reefer operations, logistics, facility management, HVAC or/and refrigeration experience preferred
- Identify and involve business stakeholders
- Identify and utilize knowledge networks.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills in English.