Network Engineer for DSV Global IT
Do you want a job with an international angle and technological challenges across borders and cultures?
We offer you the opportunity to play a key role in building and operating the network and the infrastructure for one of the world's largest logistic companies. Here you can look forward to working with a wide range of technologies, and at the same time we give you the chance to specialize yourself according to interests and competences.
Collaborate with skilled peers
In your new team, Network Engineering, we are 6 other Network Engineers and a trainee who, in collaboration with our architect team, build and implement new network technologies. Subsequently, we stand for the critical operation. We are also 3rd level for our operations center and are responsible for the bug fix in our network when cases become a little more complex. The department is placed in Hedehusene, but you will have close collaboration with close colleagues on 5 continents.
You secure the network infrastructure globally
In DSV, we are 45,000 employees across 80 countries. Therefore, demands on the development and operation of the global network are high. Here you enter the role of engineer being responsible for solutions that are critical to the global network infrastructure of DSV. Our systems are primarily based on Cisco, so your work will mainly take place on the Cisco platform and consist of independent tasks where colleagues are ready for dialogue and support. In addition, your job will involve:
- work in our ticket system with handling of service requests.
- general operational tasks, including incident management.
- project work, e.g. implementation of new solutions or upgrades, across departments in DSV or internally in the IT organization.
- Participate in guard duty.
Cisco CCNP Certification and Network Experience
It is important that you can act dynamically in a changing everyday life, where you are both a team player, but also like to work independently. You need to be able to change your mind without losing structure or your analytical approach to new challenges. In addition, you understand how to seek dialogue with and professional feedback from your colleagues when you feel the need.
Furthermore, we imagine you:
- Have experience from an ISP or a network department in a larger company and preferably have a Cisco CCNP certification, although not a requirement.
- Understand and work according to ITIL.
- speak and write English effortlessly.
- have good knowledge of routers and switch platforms, next-gen firewalls and associated platforms, wireless infrastructure, and Netscaler loadbalancing.
- Have knowledge of Solarwinds, AlgoSec, ISE, LiveAction, infoblox and Cisco Prime.
Are you our new Network Engineer?
If you have any questions about the position, you are welcome to contact Team Lead Michael Jespersen on +45 25 37 85 32/+45 43 20 32 11. We process applications on an ongoing basis, so send your application via the link below as soon as possible and no later than 5 March 2019.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 45,000 employees in more than 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
Read more at www.dsv.com.