Senior Fullstack Developer
Everyone knows there's two things not lacking in the software industry 1) Bad code and 2) LinkedIn posts saying that employers needs to wake up and produce job descriptions that target their audience and describe what’s in it for the applicant.
So while you provide us clean, delicious and maintainable code, we will provide you with:
- An opportunity to become a member of a truly talented team of engineers with a passion for clean code and great products. Our team is fast, smart and independent.
- Feedback. Both from our customers as well as internally – all code gets reviewed before release.
- 1-week sprints. We ship every week, so your code will most likely be in production multiple times a month.
- Community contributions and participation. We give back! Besides a grotesque amount of office perks(like our own beer brewery!) we encourage open source contributions and community participation.
- A work environment where the best idea wins. We're pragmatic and we build software that requires a broad spectrum of language experience, framework understanding, and software environments. Our engineers pick the right tool for the right job.
- Shared code ownership, which we practice because we believe you can lead projects without working in a silo.
- Commitment. We’re committed to shipping high quality code that our customers are dependent on.
- Diversity. We value diverse backgrounds. Whether you have a CS degree from a top school or you're a self-starter with an appetite for learning, as long as you love shipping software you'll love working with us!
To make sure that you’re a happy player thriving at your workplace, we’ll wrap you in a blanket of manager-goodness full of close collaboration with ongoing 1-2-1’s, a healthcare plan, stress-policy, and a social climate that'll cheer you up on the most rainy days!
Does the above make you wanna plug in your favorite keyboard here and start submitting code?? If the answer is yes, yes and YES then keep reading.
Joining our diverse and talented group of over 40 developers in total you’ll have a proven track record of building and running stable and scalable server software and know what it takes to stream, store and query large amounts of data, SQL or NoSQL. You’ll have built plenty of user-facing applications that people actually like to use, and you’ll know and have opinions based on your practical experience as to what actually constitutes a great user experience. Through your proven records of building web applications, know how to support several brands and browser generations. You’ll understand cloud-based solutions and know how to provide software-as-a-service.
- Develop and maintain application code in one of our product teams, frontend and backend.
- Work together with the product owner, UX designers, operations specialists, testers and fellow developers to shape nothing less than great solutions for our customers, based on high quality standards and focused on adding genuine customer value.
- Take part in and improve on the way we develop software.
- Understand what other teams are doing, help them, take action when you see problems on the horizon.
We expect you to
- Have at least 5 years of experience building real software solutions.
- Be outstanding with modern programming languages, frontend and backend.
- Be fluent in spoken and written English.
- Thrive working in an iterative development process, being a strong, problem-solver both independently and in teams.
- Be proud of what you deliver to end users.
- A passion for building accessible interfaces that everyone, regardless of ability or disability can use, is a huge plus.
- You need to have practical knowledge of agile development and continuous delivery. You should be equipped to challenge and tune our processes, and you should be ready to mentor us in your favourite practices.
The Siteimprove toolbox
- React, Typescript, vue.js, Backbone, D3
- Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, Marathon, AWS, Kafka, Elastic Search, Redis, Postgres
- CloudFormation, Terraform, bash, Raygun, DataDog.
We value general skills and experience higher than any specific technology, and technology stacks should always be challenged, improved and renewed. If you have an interest in any of the above, or if you have something to add, we will consider that a bonus.
What You'll Love About Us
Siteimprove is a Danish-founded multinational company with over 500 employees worldwide. In addition to our headquarters in Copenhagen, we have offices in Minneapolis, London, Berlin, Vienna, Amsterdam, Oslo, Sydney, and Toronto, and our customers are spread across North America, Europe, and Australia.
Even though we’ve grown rapidly since our foundation back in 2003, we’ve maintained our entrepreneurial spirit and strong feeling of togetherness. Read more about the Siteimprovers and our inclusive and global “work hard, play hard” culture in this section here: https://careers.siteimprove.com/culture/
We also offer amazing perks!
- Great and Inspiring Company Culture. We are passionate, innovative and people-centric. We’re consistently named as a great place to work across the globe.
- Amazing Kitchen Staff. Our celebrity head chef and his kitchen staff cook delicious lunch for us every day. There’s always cake on Fridays and on special occasions and celebrations (which, luckily, is quite often). Naturally, we offer free coffee, free sodas and free fruit ad libitum, plus there’s opportunity to buy food to take home at extremely reasonable prices.
- Outstanding Office Location. We are located in the heart of Copenhagen in a beautiful building sometimes referred to as “the Palace” by our employees.
- Own Friday Bar & Beer Brewery! We brew our own beer, and on the top floor, we have our very own Friday Bar with quality beverages(also the stuff that we brew…). In the summer, we may take the party to our cozy courtyard for barbecuing in the sun.
- Coding Club, Events, and Workshops. The Coding Club meets weekly (pizza and beverages on the house), and we regularly throw in-house events and workshops.
- Corporate Social Responsibility. We do various activities to be a good corporate citizen, and we are very proud to be a socially responsible company, internally and externally.
How To Apply
Click on the ‘Apply online’ button to submit your application. If you have any questions regarding the job or need a reasonable accommodation to apply, feel free to contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist Jacob Bjerrehuus at +45 3161 6742.