Software Test Engineer
Zendesk is looking for a technical software test professional to join the Guide team in Copenhagen.
Maybe you already have some experience with computer programming, software testing, and test automation, or just graduated from an IT related education - or maybe you've simply been fiddling with programming and IT systems exploration in your spare time and found it addictively fun. Regardless of your background, you have a strong sense of quality, an interest in test automation, and a desire to optimize everything that matters and automate everything that is repetitive.
Zendesk Guide is one of the products in Zendesk's growing product suite. You can read more about the product here. Guide engineering includes a handful of scrum teams with engineers, product managers, designers, and test engineers working closely together to deliver excellent software to our customers. We practice continuous delivery in a highly agile environment, and we ship code to production multiple times each day.
As a Software Engineer in Test, you will be part of the Zendesk Guide Test Engineering team. We're a handful of test-minded people with different backgrounds and experience, who share a passion for testing, automation, and quality. Like each of us, you will be embedded in a cross-functional Scrum team. Your main responsibility will be to drive the testing of end-user facing features developed by that team, in close collaboration with software engineers, product managers and designers.
What you get to do every day:
- Work closely with your scrum team to understand what’s being built and make sure all code is adequately tested before it is released to customers
- Work closely with other Test Engineers on shared problems, frameworks, and tools in the testing space - and for informal knowledge sharing and mutual learning
- Leverage our existing test automation frameworks and tools to maintain and extend a comprehensive suite of automated tests
- Incorporate automated tests into our continuous delivery pipeline
- Highlight and detail any risks and assumptions identified to the team
- Perform exploratory manual testing of new end-user facing features
- Help us find the bugs before our customers do!
- Develop your professional skills through close collaboration with great colleagues in a professional, fast-paced environment
What you bring to the role:
- Positive, self-driven, team-player attitude
- Curiosity to learn how things work and how they might break - and an urge to actually break them just for fun
- Empathy for the end-users of our systems
- Basic experience with at least one programming language - and a strong desire to expand your programming skills for test automation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Dedication to continual self-improvement
Nice to have:
- Experience with software testing practices
The best customer experiences are built with Zendesk. Zendesk’s powerful and flexible customer service and engagement platform scales to meet the needs of any business, from startups and small businesses to growth companies and enterprises. Zendesk serves businesses across a multitude of industries, with more than 125,000 paid customer accounts offering service and support in more than 30 languages. Headquartered in San Francisco, Zendesk operates worldwide with 15 offices in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.