Full-Stack Developer with React and Redux Expertise
Do you want to help change the way children are educated all over the world? And are you ready to be part of a rapidly evolving company where you and your programming skills can really make a difference? Then you could be one of the new developers we are looking for.
Welcome to Clio
At Clio, we always strive to become better at delivering value to the students and teachers who use our excellent platform and products. We are currently represented in Denmark and Sweden, but you will also be part of expanding our platform to enter new European markets.
Working at our HQ on Esplanaden in Copenhagen, you will join our tech department and be part of one of our six kick-ass agile development teams. Meet some of your new awesome colleagues here.
We look forward to breakfast and lunch – every day
At Clio, you can look forward to delicious breakfast and lunch prepared daily by our very own chef. And there is always access to free soda and fresh tea and coffee – no matter if you prefer modern café varieties or a simple cup straight from the pot. We like to celebrate our victories and mistakes with cake and champagne, and we like to challenge each other to a game of table football or an exciting board game night.
Who are you?
You are an experienced developer who does not mind working with backend tasks, quality assurance, test automation etc. But where you really excel, and where your colleagues can learn from you, is when you do your magic on the frontend. Here you will be working closely with the team's UX expert to make solutions that are both intuitive and way cool. At the same time, you will be working closely with the other developers on the team to make the flow seamless, efficient and secure.
You have an open and pragmatic personality, meaning that you:
- enjoy close collaboration with your team and are good at giving and receiving feedback
- are not afraid of tackling legacy code and are not too defensive about your own code
- can teach and explain things within your own field of expertise, challenge the status quo, and contribute to the solution architecture by sparring openly and constructively with the central architects
- have an agile and growth-oriented mindset with a curious and creative focus on making good solutions, not just good code.
Your nerdier skills are:
- Strong React skills and experience with the Redux state container
- Experience working with and designing REST APIs
- Knowledge of design patterns and S.O.L.I.D. principles
- Experience with NPM and/or other package management systems
- Some PHP experience and skills
And if you happen to have some of these skills, it would be truly awesome:
- Experience with the webpack bundler
- Experience with other JS frameworks and good knowledge of ES2015+ best practices
- Experience with unit testing (Jest or similar), test automation and CI/CD
- Knowledge of optimization of frontend resources and requests
- Knowledge of Docker, the AWS stack and deploying code on Amazon instances
- Interest in GraphQL
About the company
Clio is the largest digital educational publishing company in Denmark. We make 100 % digital teaching materials. Clio started as an idea of revolutionizing education one subject at a time. Today we have more than 130 dedicated colleagues devoted to developing and rethinking digital learning in new ways. Our shared passion helps make our learning portals the best digital teaching materials on the market. Learn more at www.clio.me.
Stephanie Munch Jensen