Experienced Security Analyst/Engineer, Product Security Incident Response Team (PSIRT)
Are you an experienced software engineer who demonstrates interest and passion towards security? Then this might be the perfect job for you.
You will be part of a new Product Security Incident Response Team (PSIRT) that owns the Milestone product vulnerability management process for on-premise, cloud services and appliances. In this team we coordinate, triage and fix internally and externally reported product security incidents.
You will join the global leader in Video Management Systems to secure our software products. Here, you and your colleagues work with development, maintenance and continuous improvement of product security that help manage risks, protect people and assets, optimize processes and reduce costs. Welcome to the open platform company!
Besides having deep knowledge of common classes of product security vulnerabilities and attack/defense methodologies, your role also requires excellent communication skills as you will be working closely and liaising on daily basis with many stakeholders from different departments in the company. This would include people from customer support, product management and product marketing, engineering and sustaining engineering teams and others to drive issues to closure.
- Lead and own the vulnerability management process – triage and fix security related issues and verify those
- Provide architectural guidance and leadership on best practices regarding security in software development
- Drive our security development lifecycle, including early engagement with development teams to ensure that security is incorporated into products and services from start
- Design and build proof of concept prototype solutions
- Leverage attack tools to test software for security vulnerabilities
- Evaluate new technologies and processes that enhance security capabilities
- Facilitate meetings, workshops, training and education to development teams
- Continuous improvement of testing processes and methodologies.
Education & Experience:
- You hold a master’s degree or higher in computer science or similar
- You have experience working with security aspects of software design, development and testing
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in .NET technologies and .NET security
- Experience with product and application security, including network security, application security, SOAP and RESTful services, SSO, OAuth/JWT, Windows operating systems and vulnerability assessment
- Experience performing threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong C# skills
- Proficient skills in C++ is preferred.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of Windows operating systems, software vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques.
- Have a curiosity and interest for security as well as technology in general
- Able to demonstrate to developers how to use the application security components to mitigate security vulnerabilities in applications, services, and databases.
We also expect you:
- To actively develop your knowledge and skills within the software industry and always strive at being on top of new software security trends and technologies
- You possess a solid ability to build relationships and create trust with both internal and external stakeholders
- As a person, you have a strong quality mind-set
- Ability to track and lead numerous parallel activities
- You are open for new ideas and embrace changes
- You display initiative and drive
- Handle change well as we are working in Scrum teams in an agile environment
Application and contact
To apply for this position, click the Apply button and apply by submitting your cover letter CV in English no later than end of May 2019. If you have questions about the job, please contact PSIRT Manager, Carsten Bøgelund via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Milestone Systems is a global industry leader in open platform IP video management software, founded in 1998 and now operating as a stand-alone company in the Canon Group. Milestone technology is easy to manage, reliable and proven in thousands of customer installations, providing flexible choices in network hardware and integrations with other systems. Sold through partners in more than 100 countries, Milestone solutions help organizations to manage risks, protect people and assets, optimize processes and reduce costs.
We call ourselves the open platform company. That stands for three things: open platform technology, an open business model and an open company culture. Our video management software (VMS) solutions are designed with an open architecture which allows for easy integration with other security and business systems. Yet open platform encompasses so much more. It also represents an open business model with an extensive technology and channel partner network, where everyone benefits from stronger innovation and value creation for our end-customers. Our open company culture is a foundation for how we collaborate internally and conduct business and share expertise and knowledge with partners and customers.
We are a fast growing company with big ambitions. The entrepreneurial spirit that founded the company can still be seen and felt, even though today we’re a global player in the surveillance industry. We’re headquartered just outside of Copenhagen, Denmark and we have offices in more than 20 countries. We offer a flexible work environment where our employees get to define their workday and have a great deal of influence over how they use their time. We work hard, set our ambitions high and celebrate our successes together. If you are change-willing, internationally-minded and interested in growing as a professional, you’ll fit in just fine. Be sure to follow us so you can be the first to know about job vacancies.