Principal Software Engineer
Help us make the world see. Join a collaborative, diverse and international team in a fast-growing company with big ambitions. Our leading open platform technology, open business model and open company culture has fueled our company for 20 years and made us a global player in the video management system industry. Here, you and your colleagues work with solutions that help organizations manage risks, protect people and assets, optimize processes and reduce costs. Welcome to the open platform company
We are looking for Principal Software Engineer, experienced in C++, for a team that handles common components in our products. These are video and audio decoders/encoders and other components that are used throughout our products. We are using SCRUM, unit tests, module tests, reviews in our developing process.
The role requires you to have the overview of the tasks within a sprint as well as making estimates on User Stories and tasks. You will act as the leading figure in ensuring the features are implemented on time and with high quality.
Working in a company with a great focus on our Talents, you are expected to mentor your colleagues, provide feedback, and drive knowledge sharing in the team and the organization.
- Take a leading role in breaking down tasks, design, coordination and development
- Take responsibility for delivering all parts of a project on time with high quality
- Ensure testability of features with using unit and module tests
- Collaborate within the team and company.
- Working with Intel and NVIDIA SDK for decoding, encoding and processing video
- Implementing windows implementation but have Linux in mind as our components are used for both OSs
- Working with Audio decoding and encoding of different codecs
- Customer support, bug fixing as 3rd level support
- Writing unit tests and module tests
- Know C++: high level of knowledge with at least 5 years of experience, preferably with C++11 or later
- Know C#: basic C# knowledge
- Understand version control concepts and workflows using TFS
- Experience with multi-threading and asynchronous programming in complex systems is a big plus
- Excellent English skills in writing and speaking
- Working knowledge of Scrum process would be a plus
- You have had experience with video and audio processing
- Knowledge of Video (JPEG/H.264/H.265) and Audio (AAC/G.711/G.726) codecs.
We also expect you
- Are not afraid to learn from mistakes
- Handle change well as we are working in Scrum teams in an agile environment
- Are Detail oriented
- Speak up when needed.
Application and contact
To apply for this position, click the "Apply online" button and apply by submitting your CV in English no later than end of June 2019. If you have questions about the job, please contact Artur Magaljan via email: AMG@milestone.dk.
Deadline date: 30/06/2019
Milestone Systems is a global industry leader in open platform IP video management software, founded in 1998 and now operating as a stand-alone company in the Canon Group. Milestone technology is easy to manage, reliable and proven in thousands of customer installations, providing flexible choices in network hardware and integrations with other systems. Sold through partners in more than 100 countries, Milestone solutions help organizations to manage risks, protect people and assets, optimize processes and reduce costs.
We call ourselves the open platform company. That stands for three things: open platform technology, an open business model and an open company culture. Our video management software (VMS) solutions are designed with an open architecture which allows for easy integration with other security and business systems. Yet open platform encompasses so much more. It also represents an open business model with an extensive technology and channel partner network, where everyone benefits from stronger innovation and value creation for our end-customers. Our open company culture is a foundation for how we collaborate internally and conduct business and share expertise and knowledge with partners and customers.
We are a fast growing company with big ambitions. The entrepreneurial spirit that founded the company can still be seen and felt, even though today we’re a global player in the surveillance industry. We’re headquartered just outside of Copenhagen, Denmark and we have offices in more than 20 countries. We offer a flexible work environment where our employees get to define their workday and have a great deal of influence over how they use their time. We work hard, set our ambitions high and celebrate our successes together. If you are change-willing, internationally-minded and interested in growing as a professional, you’ll fit in just fine. Be sure to follow us so you can be the first to know about job vacancies.