Principal Software Engineer
Milestone Systems is a world-leading provider of open platform IP video management software (VMS). We deliver high quality video platform software in which our community of hardware and software partners can integrate their video solutions for security purposes and beyond.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will join a feature team responsible for delivering features within the XProtect product suite. You will take active part in the life of a mature Scrum team, where all team members are joining forces, giving their best to deliver high quality software. In the team we have runners, cyclists, photography enthusiasts, chefs, movie buffs, video and board game heroes, musicians, scouts – who also happen to be great developers and testers. We enjoy taking different challenges and working together to solve them while having a good time. We are looking for a dedicated colleague to strengthen our team with knowledge, ingenuity, creativity, and humor.
The team often works with large amounts of video metadata. Since customer profiles vary from a boutique on the corner to large metropolitan cities, scalability, speed and efficient data handling as well as UI-enabling are the main focus areas of our everyday software development. We put great emphasis on unit testing, as well as automated and large-scale testing to ensure overall robustness.
Some of the things you’ll be working on:
- Drive design and implementation of epics
- Plan, break down and estimate work together with the rest of the Scrum team
- Think quality and testability into code
- Be a team player that embraces both test and development tasks
- Respond to customer input and create bug fixes
- Drive code reviewing practices towards community best practices
- Continuously help the team improve its processes
- Drive knowledge sharing and build up knowledge across teams
- Be a mentor to less experienced colleagues
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related sciences
- 8+ years of relevant software design and development experience
- Expert in C#
- Knowledge of large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures
- Knowledge of WPF
- Experience with service design patterns and concepts like REST, SOAP
- Experience with database systems (preferably Microsoft SQL Server)
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Great problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English)
- Understanding of Scrum or other Agile methodologies
- Fast (and lifelong) learner
Why you will love working here
- A chance to work with people from all over the world that inspire each other to do better and have fun during the process.
- Personal development – we provide educational resources and coaching to accelerate your career.
- Perks and benefits – we take good care of the people we hire and the teams we build. This includes flexible working hours, pension package, private health insurance, five extra vacation days, all-inclusive meal program, company bike, private on-premise gym, in-house massage therapist.
- Social activities – our personnel club regularly hosts events like cooking classes, tasting events, outdoor activities, cultural events, Friday bar and annual Christmas and summer parties.
The future is up to you
If you want to take on this exciting challenge and be a part of our fast-growing technology company, apply now by submitting your application in English. Interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis.
Deadline date: 7/15/2019.
Want to know more about who we are? Check out and follow.
Milestone Systems is a global industry leader in open platform IP video management software, founded in 1998 and now operating as a stand-alone company in the Canon Group. Milestone technology is easy to manage, reliable and proven in thousands of customer installations, providing flexible choices in network hardware and integrations with other systems. Sold through partners in more than 100 countries, Milestone solutions help organizations to manage risks, protect people and assets, optimize processes and reduce costs.
We call ourselves the open platform company. That stands for three things: open platform technology, an open business model and an open company culture. Our video management software (VMS) solutions are designed with an open architecture which allows for easy integration with other security and business systems. Yet open platform encompasses so much more. It also represents an open business model with an extensive technology and channel partner network, where everyone benefits from stronger innovation and value creation for our end-customers. Our open company culture is a foundation for how we collaborate internally and conduct business and share expertise and knowledge with partners and customers.
We are a fast growing company with big ambitions. The entrepreneurial spirit that founded the company can still be seen and felt, even though today we’re a global player in the surveillance industry. We’re headquartered just outside of Copenhagen, Denmark and we have offices in more than 20 countries. We offer a flexible work environment where our employees get to define their workday and have a great deal of influence over how they use their time. We work hard, set our ambitions high and celebrate our successes together. If you are change-willing, internationally-minded and interested in growing as a professional, you’ll fit in just fine. Be sure to follow us so you can be the first to know about job vacancies.