Ambulance Solution Architect
At Falck, we save and improve lives. This promise has made Falck a global leader in ambulance services and a Nordic leader in employee healthcare and roadside assistance. For more than 100 years, it has been our mission to prevent accidents, disease and emergency situations, to rescue and assist people in emergencies quickly and competently, and we ensure a durable and healthy work life.
Falck provides emergency medical services to the general public in 22 countries in close collaboration with the authorities. Falck’s more than 2500 ambulances respond to four million emergency calls each year.
These years we are taking extensive steps to professionalize our global emergency medical business in an ambition to become even better and more efficient in helping people around the world in situations where they need it the most. In one of the largest IT programs in Falck’s history we are rolling out a new, global IT platform building on the pillars of Computer Aided Dispatching (Logis), Workforce Planning (Quintiq), and Fleet Management (Fleetwave).
To support this ambition Falck is looking for a Solution Architect who can take responsibility for ensuring that the global solution
- …meets functional business requirements and well as non-functional requirements
- …enables Falck to realize our business benefits
- …adheres to Falck’s IT architecture principles and IT strategy
- …is cost effective over the solution’s lifecycle
- …is well documented, stable, and operable by our service delivery organization.
In the role as Ambulance Solution Architect you become a part of Falck’s global solution architecture team who designs IT solutions to all Falck’s business units across our global markets. You will experience a high degree of professional sparring and development with like-minded IT professionals.
As a Solution Architect at Falck you will be responsible for translating requirements into comprehensive solution descriptions while managing a complex stakeholder landscape across the organization.
- Manage the translation of business requirements into the best possible IT Solution Architecture
- Responsible for the quality of the IT solutions delivered by Falck IT
- Manage the deliverables from technical delivery teams.
- Involve, influence, and challenge stakeholders and decision makers across business and IT
- Holds overall solution architecture decision mandate
- Escalation point for solution related clarification
- Manage potential cross-solution or cross-organizational impacts of solution design and architecture
- Support the Enterprise Architect in building Solution Architecture roadmaps
- Challenge business stakeholders on business requirements and processes
- Inspire and influence others regarding new ways of working by leveraging technology
- Drive continuous improvement
- Liaise with other Solution Architects ensuring consistency across solutions and optimization
- Drive IT consolidation and standardization
- Ensure adherence to IT Architecture principles, standards, methods and tools.
The role as Solution Architect requires that you possess a combination of solid IT architectural skills and professional leadership skills:
- Analytical skills
- Technical Literacy
- Problem-Solving capabilities
- Ability to inspire others
- Ambassador mindset
- Ability to take lead
- Ensures good relationships with stakeholders
- Overview and insight to quickly narrow in on what matters the most
- Robustness to say “no” when needed
5+ years within Solution Architecture.
The ideal candidate has experience from service operation businesses with application within Computer Aided Dispatching (Logis), Workforce Planning (Quintiq), and Fleet Management (Fleetwave).
Msc/Bsc in the IT area or equivalent.
If the above job description sounds interesting to you, we look forward to hearing from you.
Application due: 5/7/2019.
For more than 100 years, it has been Falck’s mission to prevent accidents, disease and emergency situations, to rescue and assist people in emergencies quickly and competently and to rehabilitate people after illness and injury.
With employees on six continents Falck is a company in constant development and with numerous possibilities for challenges and careers. You can read more about being part of Falck on www.falck.com Falck’s six values Accessible, Competent, Efficient, Fast, Helpful, and Reliable make up the backbone of our organization.
We live by the values and if you want to be our new colleague, it is important that you can recognize yourself in the Falck values.