Senior Product Owner, Windows Client and Video delivery
Help us make the world see. Join a collaborative, diverse and international team in the Global Video Management Systems leader. Our open platform technology, open business model and open company culture have fueled our company for 20 years and made us a global player in the video management system industry. Here, you and your colleagues work with solutions that help organizations manage risks, protect people and assets, optimize processes and reduce costs. Welcome to the open platform company.
Milestone Systems is recruiting an experienced and agile Product Owner to drive the prioritization, design and development of the Windows Client application. You will be the voice of the customers in the fast-paced agile process of the feature teams, and the voice of the feature teams in the vision and product roadmap process orchestrated by Product Management. You will be part of the R&D organization while reporting to the Head of Product Design. Your role would require close collaboration with Product Management, Development Leads, User Experience, other Product Owners and Feature Teams to ensure a consistent and coherent customer experience.
You will be responsible for two feature teams in our office in Copenhagen with focus on the Windows client application and video quality.
Your responsibilities will involve:
- Defining, maintaining and prioritizing the feature team backlog of user stories, tasks and defects
- Drive the features throughout the design and development process
- Work with feature team to ensure quality of implementation
- Escalate large roadblocks for implementation of the ongoing features
- Strive for product excellence rather than schedule in the execution of ongoing features
- Participate in release planning and contribute to the product vision and roadmap
Experience & Competency Requirements:
You have a degree in Engineering or Computer Science with 8+ year of experience from the IT industry and 3+ years of experience as a Product Owner/Program Manager/Product Manager in building and shipping scalable commercial products or services.
In addition, we expect you to have:
- Solid experience with Windows client application development
- Deep passion for customer-driven design thinking and technology
- Experience with platform development and 3rd party integration support
- An overview of the latest trends in client application development
- Hands-on experience with Agile development practices, Kanban and Scrum
- Strong understanding of engineering functions and processes
- Track record of innovative solutions to customer needs
- Technical experience from teams delivering software written in C++ or C#
- Excellent communication skills and English is at high level both verbally and in writing
If you want to take on this exciting challenge and become a part of our fast-growing technology company, submit your application incl. CV in English no later than end of uly 2019
Milestone Systems is a global industry leader in open platform IP video management software, founded in 1998 and now operating as a stand-alone company in the Canon Group. Milestone technology is easy to manage, reliable and proven in thousands of customer installations, providing flexible choices in network hardware and integrations with other systems. Sold through partners in more than 100 countries, Milestone solutions help organizations to manage risks, protect people and assets, optimize processes and reduce costs.
We call ourselves the open platform company. That stands for three things: open platform technology, an open business model and an open company culture. Our video management software (VMS) solutions are designed with an open architecture which allows for easy integration with other security and business systems. Yet open platform encompasses so much more. It also represents an open business model with an extensive technology and channel partner network, where everyone benefits from stronger innovation and value creation for our end-customers. Our open company culture is a foundation for how we collaborate internally and conduct business and share expertise and knowledge with partners and customers.
We are a fast growing company with big ambitions. The entrepreneurial spirit that founded the company can still be seen and felt, even though today we’re a global player in the surveillance industry. We’re headquartered just outside of Copenhagen, Denmark and we have offices in more than 20 countries. We offer a flexible work environment where our employees get to define their workday and have a great deal of influence over how they use their time. We work hard, set our ambitions high and celebrate our successes together. If you are change-willing, internationally-minded and interested in growing as a professional, you’ll fit in just fine. Be sure to follow us so you can be the first to know about job vacancies.