Software Engineer, Cloud Services
Do you want to build and maintain our cloud services that supplement our Video Management system? Do you want to be part of successful team in the VMS global leader?
Then Milestone systems is the right place for you! Here, you and your colleagues work with solutions that help organizations manage risks, protect people and assets, optimize processes and reduce costs. Welcome to the open platform company.
You are an experienced developer who will implement new systems and features. But most importantly, is also comfortable in digging into existing and legacy systems and optimizing them.
You will join a team of 5 talented employees in DK and will be part of the whole Cloud services group with employees based in Denmark and Bulgaria. Accordingly, around 10 days of travel a year is expected
- To be a vital part of a well-functioning Scrum team and an active team player that can follow and improve established processes, practices and standards
- To work in an agile environment where setting requirements is a continuous process, and development is done in fortnightly sprints and in close collaboration with the product owner
- To engage effectively with other team members, leaders and stakeholders and to troubleshoot customer support cases
- To review, identify and refine functional, content and data requirements
- Get a deep understanding of complex business rules.
Preferred skills & competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or similar
- 5+ years of professional experience within the software development industry
- Up to date knowledge and skills in software technology
- Experience with agile development and active participation in a teamwork
- Skilled in web service design, reliability, scalability and maintainability
- Skilled in C# and .NET
- Skilled in ASP.NET Core or MVC
- Experience in unit and integration testing
- Experience with complex IT systems including web-based components
- Knowledge in SQL
- Preferably knowledge in cloud technologies
- Preferably knowledge in machine learning technologies.
We also expect you to:
- Have excellent spoken and written English
- Have good analytical skills and structured work approach
- Be a passionate team player who values integrity and honesty and is willing to take on any task needed for the team to succeed
- Enjoy working with all parts of the development process – from conception of an idea to the implementation (including test automation), release, maintenance and bug fixing
- Be open for innovative ideas and embracing changes
- Display initiative and driving decisions
- Be good at networking within company and not afraid of reaching out of the team to get help or help others
- Act as Role model for less experienced team members and contributing to a positive and strong team culture.
Application and contact
To apply for this position, click the Apply button and apply by submitting your CV in English no later than end of July 2019. If you have questions about the job, please contact Christoph Karow via email: email@example.com.
Milestone Systems is a global industry leader in open platform IP video management software, founded in 1998 and now operating as a stand-alone company in the Canon Group. Milestone technology is easy to manage, reliable and proven in thousands of customer installations, providing flexible choices in network hardware and integrations with other systems. Sold through partners in more than 100 countries, Milestone solutions help organizations to manage risks, protect people and assets, optimize processes and reduce costs.
We call ourselves the open platform company. That stands for three things: open platform technology, an open business model and an open company culture. Our video management software (VMS) solutions are designed with an open architecture which allows for easy integration with other security and business systems. Yet open platform encompasses so much more. It also represents an open business model with an extensive technology and channel partner network, where everyone benefits from stronger innovation and value creation for our end-customers. Our open company culture is a foundation for how we collaborate internally and conduct business and share expertise and knowledge with partners and customers.
We are a fast growing company with big ambitions. The entrepreneurial spirit that founded the company can still be seen and felt, even though today we’re a global player in the surveillance industry. We’re headquartered just outside of Copenhagen, Denmark and we have offices in more than 20 countries. We offer a flexible work environment where our employees get to define their workday and have a great deal of influence over how they use their time. We work hard, set our ambitions high and celebrate our successes together. If you are change-willing, internationally-minded and interested in growing as a professional, you’ll fit in just fine. Be sure to follow us so you can be the first to know about job vacancies.