Quality Assurance Engineer
Container Shipping: An industry with huge potential to make a difference
90 % of all goods globally are transported through a container. The largest container vessels are 400 meters long and can transport 20,000 containers at a time. The container shipping industry is the backbone and enabler of global trade, but it is struggling. At its core the industry is fundamentally inefficient: 50 % of all container vessels globally are delayed coming into port, and key planning processes are done manually on a global scale. This leads to high operational costs, lost revenue, and unnecessarily high greenhouse gas emissions. At Portchain, we work with our customers to reduce operational complexity and optimize planning through software and cutting-edge analytics.
Portchain is seeking a talented and highly driven Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team. You will take part in the product life cycle, from idea to delivery, and oversee all aspects of quality assurance. This includes establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met. You will work with the engineering and analytics team to suggest changes and promote best practices.
Portchain is an exciting high-growth startup where you will work in a fast-paced environment together with a world class team on applications with a truly global impact. In this role – and as the first QA engineer in the company – you will have a large say in deciding our work, as well as the ability to grow into leading the QA team as it grows over time.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure that features pushed to our end users have been thoroughly vetted and meet our high quality standards
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance to ensure quality goals are met
- Work with the software development and analytics teams to promote best practices
- Communicate recommendations and advice in order to continuously improve the quality of our products
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated)
- Ability to quickly gain a deep understanding of software requirements
- Demonstrated excellent capacity to proactively communicate with stakeholders
- Proficiency in using automated testing technologies (UI tests, scripting integration tests, etc.)
- A track record of proactively managing and improving the QA process
- Comfortable with rapid changes common in early-stage product development
- Energized by problem solving and ability to think out of the box
- Experience in helping build mission-critical B2B products, enabling business capability and objectives through technology
- Experience working with remote software teams
- Some knowledge of Software Development
Portchain (www.portchain.com) is a Danish startup founded in 2017 by three McKinsey alums with the ambition to solve the hardest planning problems in container shipping through software and industrial analytics. We apply cutting-edge machine learning and optimization through an industry-leading customer experience to container carriers and terminals to optimize their key planning processes and create a step-change in productivity.
Portchain’s customers include several global top-5 companies, served by our quickly growing 15 people strong international team. In addition, Portchain has closed a multi-million dollar seed round together with prominent investors, and have received several prestigious grants e.g., from the Danish government’s Innovation Fund and the European Union’s Horizon 2020 programme.
Want to join the team?
If you think that you would be a strong fit for Portchain and the role of Quality Assurance Engineer, please send your resume (or any questions you might have) to email@example.com.