Software Build Tools (DevOps) Engineer
3Shape is looking for an ambitious engineer with a DevOps mindset to join our software build tools team within the R&D department. The 3Shape R&D department is expanding rapidly. So is the need for speedy and timely delivery of its software projects. We accomplish this by way of an efficient build pipeline and supporting software tools (Jenkins, Team City) on top of infrastructure defined in code (packer, Terraform).
The software build tools team aim to support this existing setup and develop it further while offering process guidance for other dev teams within 3Shape. The team is relatively new within 3Shape, and we are a healthy mix of people, both in terms of experience and skill sets. Our common denominator is an openness to new, fresh ideas and technical capability to challenge and make good ideas even better.
We work with all the other dev teams within R&D and have daily interactions with developers from these teams. We often make decisions jointly with our team of software architects when they would affect the entire dev organization.
We are looking for someone proactive, who wants to challenge the current infrastructure and processes with knowledge about the state-of-the-art tools and best practices. The work we do is highly interdependent by nature, so strong communication skills are a big plus.
Like us, you have a passion for software automation, and you like the challenge of providing all aspects of top-performing build tools and infrastructure for our R&D organization.
Your ideal skill set and background
- 2-3 years of experience working as a software developer/engineer, preferably concerning build tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins, or similar.
- Competent user of git, knowledgeable about branching and merging workflows in both small and large software projects.
- You work in docker daily.
- Cloud-first mindset, you want to leverage tools like GitLab/GitHub and the many integrations their offer.
- Experience acting as a superuser and the responsibilities (permissions, cleanup) that come with managing solutions such as a GitLab/GitHub.
- Capable of designing build pipelines and helping other people improve theirs.
- Drive projects for future enhancements to support the DevOps roadmap
- Contributing to the team’s overall roadmap and day to day tasks
- Ensure projects driven by you, will be aligned with the architects and the rest of DevOps
- Keeping track of the newest tools and technologies in the DevOps world.
- Being part of a top-performing developing industry, which caters world class products to customer demands
- Highly skilled colleagues
- Innovation Day, in-house academy & external seminars
- Optional company pension agreement
- Open mindedness and freedom in a professional atmosphere
- Friday bar, annual parties, team events, various clubs together with a breakfast club
- Personal development plan
- Central location in Copenhagen (next to Kongens Nytorv metro).
3Shape A/S Software Development
3Shape is changing dentistry together with dental professionals across the world by developing innovations that provide superior dental care for patients. Our portfolio of 3D scanners and CAD/CAM software solutions for the dental industry includes the multiple award-winning 3Shape TRIOS intraoral scanner, the upcoming 3Shape X1 CBCT scanner, and market leading scanning and design software solutions for dental labs.
Two graduate students founded 3Shape in Denmark’s capital in the year 2000. Today, 3Shape has over 1,500 employees serving customers in over 100 countries from an ever-growing number of 3Shape offices around the world. 3Shape’s products and innovations continue to challenge traditional methods, enabling dental professionals to treat more patients more effectively. www.3shape.com
Working at 3Shape
Become part of an international success, financially as well as product wise. As an employee, you have plenty of room to both make a difference and fulfil personal ambitions in a very knowledge intensive and challenging environment.
Through the relentless drive for new digital innovation by 3Shape, we claim to be the most extensive and versatile CAD/CAM system on the market.
3Shape - a Global Company
3Shape is headquartered in Copenhagen, with development teams in Denmark as well as in the Ukraine and with a production site in Poland. 3Shape is a global company with presence in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
Employing and developing the right people is an important key to 3Shape's success. We want to be the best within our business, an ambition which has created a true fighting spirit throughout the company - with lots of commitment and courage, and a professional attitude towards business.