IT Project Manager
WorldTicket represents one of the world’s leading providers of IT and SaaS sales solutions for airlines and the travel industry. Every year almost 10 million flight tickets are sold to passengers through our IT solutions and this number is constantly growing.
We are a virtual, global organization consisting of approx. 100 employees based in Denmark, Poland, Ukraine, Thailand and China. All our offices are multi-functional with customer services, IT development, product management, sales & marketing, HR etc.
Our teams service a continuously growing customer base currently consisting of 60 airlines operating in Asia, Middle East, Europe, Africa and Central America.
With a global team and a global customer base we provide a highly dynamic and international work environment with daily considerations around different cultures, multiple time zones and various business requirements from our customers.
Our +100 employees worldwide collectively contribute to the development and optimization of our solutions in an industry where we constantly have to be up front on industry standards and requirements while still providing our customers with innovative passenger friendly solutions. Teamwork, flexibility and our enthusiasm for the airline and travel industry represent important success drivers for the growth of WorldTicket.
You will be based in Copenhagen but will be expected to travel to other WorldTicket locations to work closely with members of your team. You will work in an agile, fast-paced environment where execution is a key success factor.
Primary job functions
The right candidate will primarily be responsible for:
- Coordinating internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Taking care of resource availability and allocation
- Developing a detailed project plan to track progress
- Using appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measuring project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Maintaining the organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies
- Integrating information technologies into the company for optimal effectiveness
- Reporting and escalating to management as needed
- Managing the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Performing risk management to minimize project risks
The right candidate for this position:
- Relevant IT education preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering for technical project managers
- + 5 years of job experience in the field of IT Project Management, optimally in the airline industry
- A background in working for a provider of inventory or sales and reservation solutions in a comparable travel service industry could represent a further relevant background
- Proficient technical background, with understanding and hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, also in the English language
- Has a certification for Project Management such as PMP or PRINCE2
- Experience with SCRUM and agile working environments
- Used to work multiple, international locations and an outsourcing environment
- Able to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
You will be joining and working with a global team with ambitious colleagues in multiple locations.
You will have approx. 30 travel days per year.
We offer a fulfilling work environment for professional as well as personal development and a great opportunity to advance your qualifications and skill set from a job in the IT and travel sector.
Please send your application and CV to email@example.com.
If you need more information about our company, please visit our website www.worldticket.com.
Questions to the position may be directed to the email above.