WorldTicket represents one of the world’s leading providers of IT and SaaS sales solutions for airlines and the travel industry. Every year almost 10 million flight tickets are sold to passengers through our IT solutions and this number is constantly growing.
We are a virtual, global organization consisting of approx. 100 employees based in Denmark, Poland, Ukraine, Thailand and China. All our offices are multi-functional with customer services, IT development, product management, sales & marketing, HR etc.
Our teams service a continuously growing customer base currently consisting of 60 airlines operating in Asia, Middle East, Europe, Africa and Central America.
With a global team and a global customer base we provide a highly dynamic and international work environment with daily considerations around different cultures, multiple time zones and various business requirements from our customers.
Our +100 employees worldwide collectively contribute to the development and optimization of our solutions in an industry where we constantly have to be up front on industry standards and requirements while still providing our customers with innovative, passenger friendly solutions. Teamwork, flexibility and our enthusiasm for the airline and travel industry represent important success drivers for the growth of WorldTicket.
Currently we are executing on an ambitious rapid growth strategy consisting of both significant technology shifts as well as intense partnerships and merging organisations in the travel sector. As part of this rapid growth strategy we are setting a strong global senior management team that will be part of this execution process.
As CIO of the organization you will work on the intersection of technology and commercial projects and set the strategic direction for technology infrastructure being suitable for the future. You will further deal with post-merger integration activities and be responsible for the re-organization and optimization of cross-cultural teams in a technology-driven environment. You will form part of WorldTicket’s management team and work with a direct reference to the CEO.
You will be based in Copenhagen but will be expected to travel to both current WorldTicket locations around the world as well as to customers and partners globally. You will work in an agile, fast-paced environment where execution is a key success factor.
Primary job functions
The right candidate will primarily be responsible for:
- Acting as an internal advisor and business partner on a wide variety of technological and commercial business processes with direct reference to the CEO
- Partnering with key leaders across the organization to ensure a successful post-merger integration of different international teams and cultures
- Re-organization and optimization of teams, including the potential hiring of new team members
- Establishing and driving an efficient corporate culture across different international locations in a highly growing environment
- Identifying technological opportunities in the organization to constantly improve customer- & user centricity and meet operational objectives of the organization
- Define strategic and tactical road maps for IT initiatives while understanding the business processes and recommending technology solutions to drive further optimization through technology
- Ensuring that tech systems and procedures lead to outcomes in line with business goals
The right candidate for this position:
- Degree in either business, computer science, software engineering, information systems or a similar field
- 15+ years of experience in a progressively responsible information systems position and preferably from a previous CIO position in an internationally operating organization
- Combined background of business and technology from a complex corporate environment, optimally within the airline or travel industry
- Broad business knowledge, allowing for effective cross functional communication to direct and provide solutions and guide technology related decisions
- Proficient experience in the evaluation of technological opportunities from a commercial perspective
- Experience with cultural post-merger integration activities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to organize and integrate cross-cultural teams while driving the achievement of common goals
- Strong dynamic leadership skills that enable to use employees’ resources in the most efficient manner
- Experience in leading IT staff and international teams
- Ability to work effectively with leaders in different international business units to ensure a comprehensive worldwide IT strategy that benefits the entire company
- Change-oriented mindset and ability to cope with a highly dynamic, fast-changing environment
- Teamplayer with the willingness to collaborate with colleagues from all over the world and the ability to travel 30-50 days per year
- Experience from business cases related to Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning is a plus
Please send your application and CV to email@example.com.
If you need more information about our company, please visit our website www.worldticket.com.
Questions to the position may be directed to the email above.