Software Engineer - Knowledge team
At Zendesk, we strongly believe that to build a great product you have to have great people. We enjoy working with other smart focused people who care about both the product and the code they write. We value collaboration and test driven development and release frequently. We like and use agile processes and believe that pragmatism always triumphs over dogmatism. We all own the product and enjoy the impact we have improving it.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to help take Zendesk Guide to the next level in terms of features and functionality. You’ll have the skills, experience, wisdom, ability to collaborate and patience to work with the team to deliver high quality software to meet our customers needs.
You will be part of one of the Knowledge teams, all focused on improving the way our customers are able to structure and evolve the contents of their Guide help centers.
The Software Engineer will:
- Work in a team of passionate, intelligent, humble software engineers.
- Ship code to production continuously, and impact the work of hundreds of thousands of people around the globe.
- Work with a broad range of technologies spanning React, Redux and Apollo on the front-end to GraphQL, Ruby on Rails, and Kafka on the back-end.
- Deploy to a best-in-class modern technology stack based on AWS, Kubernetes and Docker.
- Actively participate in coding, pair programming, reviewing pull requests, testing, and improving reliability.
- Have a good understanding of all parts of developing and deploying customer-facing production software, but with a deeper focus on either front-end or back-end development.
- For backend focused, experience of developing production services.
Nice to haves
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Working knowledge with relational databases and SQL (ideally MySQL)
- Experience with event-sourcing and event-based architectures
- Apache Kafka (or similar) GraphQL
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 100,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.