We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to be part of the leadership team of our Copenhagen office to lead our Self-Service product called Guide. The multi-disciplinary team that you will be looking after is responsible for crafting and creating the data warehouse and all related extractions, transformations, and loads of the various Zendesk products. This group is also in charge of the performance optimisations and scale of the data warehouse. As an Engineering Manager at Zendesk, you will use both your leadership and your technical expertise to guide and enable our teams of hardworking engineers. You’ll provide coaching and mentorship for the team (5-10 people) with a focused mission. You will work with Guide leadership (management, architect, tech leads) to ensure your team’s technical roadmap is aligned with our company strategy, and that the team is shipping architecturally sound software at a regular cadence.
What you get to do every day:
- Lead a team of experienced engineers building some of the most critical services at Zendesk.
- Work with a best-in-class modern technology stack: AWS, Kubernetes, etc.
- Collaborate with existing Guide management to continually improve software delivery and service reliability.
- Lead the recruitment of new team members and facilitate a speedy, engaged interview process.
- Have regular, open, action-orientated 1:1s with your team members.
- Create a diverse and inclusive working environment where people can thrive.
What you bring to the role:
- Experience managing people across one or more teams, ideally working with large, distributed Internet-facing systems.
- Previous experience in a hands-on technical role (either Operations or Software Development). Comfortable having an architectural discussion with engineers.
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Refined prioritization skills. Able to focus your time and energy where it’ll have the most impact.
- A dedication to continual self-development.
- Collaborative, upbeat work ethic where you can take ownership and have fun.
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 100,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.