Senior Software Engineer for Security Team
Are you an experienced software engineer who demonstrates interest and passion for security? Then this might be the perfect job for you.
Milestone is the global leader in Video Management Systems. Our leading open platform technology, open business model, and open company culture has fueled our company for 20 years and made us a global player in the video management system industry.
You will be part of a newly formed Product Security Incident Response Team (PSIRT) that owns the Milestone product vulnerability management process for on-premise, cloud services, and appliances. In this team, we coordinate, triage, and fix internally and externally reported product security incidents. You will be part of a great team of professional, talented colleagues where you will have a unique opportunity to shape your job role.
You will work with development, maintenance, and continuous improvement of product security that help manage risks, protect people and assets, optimize processes, and reduce costs.
You should have in-depth knowledge of standard classes of product security vulnerabilities and attack as well as defense methodologies. Your role requires excellent communication skills, as you will be working closely with many stakeholders from different departments in the company.
What do we offer?
We offer you training and opportunities to improve your skills and gain certifications. You get a chance to shape the team and be part of the development of the processes and how we work. We put people before resources, which is why your health is essential for us. We offer massages, yoga, gym, personal trainers in-house, and healthy food and snacks.
About the role:
- Lead and own the vulnerability management process – triage and fix security-related issues and verify those
- Provide architectural guidance and leadership on best practices regarding security in software development
- Drive our security development lifecycle, including early engagement with development teams to ensure that security is incorporated into products and services from start
- Design and build proof of concept prototype solutions
- Leverage attack tools to test software for security vulnerabilities
- Evaluate new technologies and processes that enhance security capabilities
- Facilitate meetings, workshops, training and education to development teams
- Continuous improvement of testing processes and methodologies.
Education & Experience:
- You have experience working with security aspects of software design, development and testing
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in .NET technologies and .NET security
- Experience with product and application security, including network security, application security, SOAP and RESTful services, SSO, OAuth/JWT, Windows operating systems and vulnerability assessment
- Experience performing threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications.
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong C# skills
- Proficient skills in C++ is preferred
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of Windows operating systems, software vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques.
- Able to demonstrate to developers how to use the application security components to mitigate security vulnerabilities in applications, services, and databases.
We also expect you:
- To actively develop your knowledge and skills within the software industry and always strive at being on top of new software security trends and technologies
- You possess a solid ability to build relationships and create trust with both internal and external stakeholders
- As a person, you have a strong quality mind-set
- Ability to track and lead numerous parallel activities
- You are open to new ideas and embrace changes
- You display initiative and drive
- Handle change well as we are working in Scrum teams in an agile environment.
Application and contact
To apply for this position, click the Apply button and apply by submitting your CV in English. If you have questions about the job, please contact PSIRT Manager, Carsten Bøgelund via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know more about our company and the people who work there?
Milestone Systems is a global industry leader in open platform IP video management software, founded in 1998 and now operating as a stand-alone company in the Canon Group. Milestone technology is easy to manage, reliable and proven in thousands of customer installations, providing flexible choices in network hardware and integrations with other systems. Sold through partners in more than 100 countries, Milestone solutions help organizations to manage risks, protect people and assets, optimize processes and reduce costs.
We call ourselves the open platform company. That stands for three things: open platform technology, an open business model and an open company culture. Our video management software (VMS) solutions are designed with an open architecture which allows for easy integration with other security and business systems. Yet open platform encompasses so much more. It also represents an open business model with an extensive technology and channel partner network, where everyone benefits from stronger innovation and value creation for our end-customers. Our open company culture is a foundation for how we collaborate internally and conduct business and share expertise and knowledge with partners and customers.
We are a fast growing company with big ambitions. The entrepreneurial spirit that founded the company can still be seen and felt, even though today we’re a global player in the surveillance industry. We’re headquartered just outside of Copenhagen, Denmark and we have offices in more than 20 countries. We offer a flexible work environment where our employees get to define their workday and have a great deal of influence over how they use their time. We work hard, set our ambitions high and celebrate our successes together. If you are change-willing, internationally-minded and interested in growing as a professional, you’ll fit in just fine. Be sure to follow us so you can be the first to know about job vacancies.