Software Developers, Research team
Become part of Milestone System’s Research team and explore possibilities for our company’s Research & Development direction!
You will be part of an innovative and experimentally-minded team working on projects where you will build experience in working with cutting-edge techniques like machine learning, IoT and automation.
In this role, the first two years both will be attached to the SafeCare project (www.safecare-project.eu), working on the integration of video analytics, IoT/sensors and cyber-security with the XProtect Video Management System product, together with a number of external technical and academic partners, proven out in a healthcare domain. Upon completion of the SafeCare project, there will be opportunity to either continue in a Research role, or to transition into a more general R&D role.
We are looking for two new colleagues with excellent communication and collaborative skills. You are a self-starter and happy to use your own intuition and inventiveness to steer your work. You’re independent and comfortable to use your own judgement where appropriate.
- Development and integration – flexible on language, but integrations with XProtect require working with .NET APIs.
- Coordination with numerous technical partners on, e.g., shared data formats, API integration, test bed development and end user demonstration cases.
- Coordination with end users on requirements clarification, data harvesting, implementation and demonstration.
- Writing technical reports.
- Developing prototypes for new solutions involving our software.
- Making software integrations with video streams, machine learning/analytics, events, maps, etc., against the existing XProtect product suite.
- Regular contribution to conference calls and meetups with partners of different types (technical, end user, etc.).
- Knowledge acquisition on new technologies and solutions, and creative thinking around how these can be used in our software and solutions.
Educational and skills requirements
- Master’s level degree in computing or technical discipline required; PhD an advantage.
- Development experience essential; experience in R&D environment, especially in a collaborative setting, an advantage.
- A collaborative mindset, comfortable with the need for frequent partner communication and reporting.
- Ability to find creative solutions to technical problems.
- Strong competence with at least one programming language.
- Some research experience, which may include a research-oriented academic thesis (Master’s or PhD).
- Some contact with machine learning, especially in computer vision, a plus.
- Good written and spoken English skills.
If you want to be part of our journey, then please apply by submitting your cover letter and CV no later than 30 September 2019. In the meantime, if you have any questions, feel free to contact Research Director, Dr. Barry Norton via email (email@example.com).
Milestone Systems is a global industry leader in open platform IP video management software, founded in 1998 and now operating as a stand-alone company in the Canon Group. Milestone technology is easy to manage, reliable and proven in thousands of customer installations, providing flexible choices in network hardware and integrations with other systems. Sold through partners in more than 100 countries, Milestone solutions help organizations to manage risks, protect people and assets, optimize processes and reduce costs.
We call ourselves the open platform company. That stands for three things: open platform technology, an open business model and an open company culture. Our video management software (VMS) solutions are designed with an open architecture which allows for easy integration with other security and business systems. Yet open platform encompasses so much more. It also represents an open business model with an extensive technology and channel partner network, where everyone benefits from stronger innovation and value creation for our end-customers. Our open company culture is a foundation for how we collaborate internally and conduct business and share expertise and knowledge with partners and customers.
We are a fast growing company with big ambitions. The entrepreneurial spirit that founded the company can still be seen and felt, even though today we’re a global player in the surveillance industry. We’re headquartered just outside of Copenhagen, Denmark and we have offices in more than 20 countries. We offer a flexible work environment where our employees get to define their workday and have a great deal of influence over how they use their time. We work hard, set our ambitions high and celebrate our successes together. If you are change-willing, internationally-minded and interested in growing as a professional, you’ll fit in just fine. Be sure to follow us so you can be the first to know about job vacancies.