Experienced C++ Software Engineer
Milestone Systems is a world-leading provider of open platform IP video management software (VMS). We deliver high quality video platform software in which our community of hardware and software partners can integrate their video solutions for security purposes and beyond.
Become a member of Server Administration feature team. The team will implement the features on the team’s backlog, but the main responsibilities are related to the recording part of the VMS, running on Windows OS implemented in C# and native C++. Key parameters are performance and stability.
- Taking a leading role in breaking down tasks, design, coordination and development.
- Design, code, unit test and document as part of the agile development team.
- Think quality and testability into code.
- Be a team player that embraces both test as well as development tasks.
- Be active part in evaluating and improving processes in the team.
- Coaching and mentoring other members of the team helping them grow and develop.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or similar
- 8+ years of relevant work experience
- You know about Scrum or another agile development method
- You have experience with Test Automation and/or unit testing
- Expert in C++
- Good level C# skills is a big plus
- Knowledge about SQL is required
- Knowledge about server-side multithreading required
- Be familiar with WCF, network technology and protocols and be comfortable with the client-server architecture
- Knowledge about WPF or other UI frameworks preferred
- Knowledge about agile development preferred
- Excellent English skills in writing and speaking
- You are a team player who values integrity and honesty and are willing to take on any task needed for the team to succeed.
- You enjoy working with all parts of the development process – from conception of an idea to the implementation (including test automation), release, maintenance and bug fixing.
- You are open for new ideas and embraces changes.
- You display initiative and drive.
- You are good at networking in your company and not afraid of reaching out of the team to get help or help others.
- You are good at adopting and contributing to company culture.
- You are not afraid to make a mistake and learn from it.
Company and team
We are an international company with development sites in Denmark, Bulgaria and Spain, with strong roots based in the Scandinavian mentality. People first is very important for us as development of our employees is a focus area and at the same time, we strongly believe that a healthy work life balance is important for our success.
In our department we have colleagues of many nationalities, you will hear many languages spoken, but common language is English. The tone is relaxed, and all are expected to express their opinion. We are working in self-organized teams and the team has the responsibility for the solution.
In your team you will work in an agile setup. The setup requires close collaboration with other members of team, the scrum master and the product owner.
If you want to take on this exciting challenge and become a part of our fast-growing technology company in Brøndby, submit your application incl. CV in English. Apply now and become part of the interviews that we conduct on an ongoing basis.
Milestone Systems is a global industry leader in open platform IP video management software, founded in 1998 and now operating as a stand-alone company in the Canon Group. Milestone technology is easy to manage, reliable and proven in thousands of customer installations, providing flexible choices in network hardware and integrations with other systems. Sold through partners in more than 100 countries, Milestone solutions help organizations to manage risks, protect people and assets, optimize processes and reduce costs.
We call ourselves the open platform company. That stands for three things: open platform technology, an open business model and an open company culture. Our video management software (VMS) solutions are designed with an open architecture which allows for easy integration with other security and business systems. Yet open platform encompasses so much more. It also represents an open business model with an extensive technology and channel partner network, where everyone benefits from stronger innovation and value creation for our end-customers. Our open company culture is a foundation for how we collaborate internally and conduct business and share expertise and knowledge with partners and customers.
We are a fast growing company with big ambitions. The entrepreneurial spirit that founded the company can still be seen and felt, even though today we’re a global player in the surveillance industry. We’re headquartered just outside of Copenhagen, Denmark and we have offices in more than 20 countries. We offer a flexible work environment where our employees get to define their workday and have a great deal of influence over how they use their time. We work hard, set our ambitions high and celebrate our successes together. If you are change-willing, internationally-minded and interested in growing as a professional, you’ll fit in just fine. Be sure to follow us so you can be the first to know about job vacancies.