Major IT Incident Manager - Steer DSV safely through critical IT Incidents
Do you have a broad common technical IT experience about IT infrastructure and IT operations? Then here is the possibility to get an exciting and challenging job!
You will be working out of our Headquarters in Hedehusene, and become part of our Global IT organization, where our primary responsibility is to ensure stable IT service delivery. When Major Incidents happen, you will manage the process which brings us safely back on track.
The Job as a Major Incident Manager
The job includes acting as single point of contact for Executive and Senior Managers. Your focus is to bring IT services back to normal operations as quickly as possible.
You will build up knowledge in the role, which enables you to understand the complexity in our IT infrastructure and services, where Citrix is a major component.
The power to lead with a cool head through knowledge and experience
The key to your success is in your ability to take charge of Major Incidents, keep the overview in heated situations and being able to take decisions, knowing that thousands of users depend on you.
You will be part of a team of 3-4 persons that work in on-call duty shifts 24/7 one week at a time, across the globe. Also, you will be collaborating with:
- The Service Desk Priority team on ‘near Major misses’ and priority 3 Incidents
- Our Problem Management team, doing trend analysis of Incidents, driving Incident elimination, and manage low priority problems.
Expect a job with a high degree of variation, no 2 days will be the same. Areas of responsibility:
- Manage escalations from our ServiceDesk, Support Teams and from the Business
- Support the problem management team and drive low priority Problems
- Participate in a consultancy and approver role on the Change Advisory Board
- Write Major incident rapports & conduct handover to the Problem team
- Take charge and lead on Major Incidents and IT crises
- Communicate to Senior Managers, the Business and end Users
- Keep support teams focused on how to restore and recover services as fast as possible, often utilizing workarounds
- Organize and coordinate relevant resources for timely resolution within SLA targets
- Quickly appraise how the business is impacted on Incidents.
You have a minimum of 2 years of experience with managing Incident versus SLA’s. possible from a similar position. You have experience in managing priority Incidents, and / or being single point of contact for VIP’s in a service function. Managing user and customer escalations is not new to you and you thrive while doing it.
You know about the ITIL framework and appreciates where it brings value to IT Support. If you have experience with Kepner Tregoe or other similar rational methods, this is considered a plus.
Key factor, is you get things done. That means not just do the task assigned, but also to think and do what else is necessary to make a positive end 2 end contribution to the DSV users. The salary will be dependent of experience and motivation.
Proactive, analytical and self-driven
As a person you think ‘users and business first’, being service minded while managing technical experts with deep domain knowledge and many years of experience, as well as:
- Having high level of communication skills
- Having high levels of formal and informal English in writing and verbal communication
- Able to work under high pressure with multiple concurrent activities
- Having a Strong mindset and being self-confidence while leading
- Stakeholder management, coolness and a good sense of urgency.
About Global IT
Global IT is responsible for the support of all global IT-services in 90 countries across the globe in all time zones. We are dedicated colleagues, placed primarily in Denmark, Hedehusene (Headquarter), Poland Warsaw (Service Center) and Manilla (Service desk). Depending on the candidate, your workplace will be one of these sites where you will be collaborating with skilled and dedicated colleagues. When you are not on guard duty, you will be working regular business working hours for your time zone.
Take the jump!
Send us your motivated application and resume by clicking on ‘Apply online’. Be aware, applications will be managed on an on-going basis. Please contact the Manager Jan Hvitfeld for further information and if you have any questions on +45 20 75 14 27.
DSV - Global Transport and Logistics
DSV leverer nogle af de allerbedste resultater inden for transport- og logistikbranchen. I driften såvel som alle øvrige funktioner arbejder 60.000 medarbejdere i mere end 90 lande dedikeret på at yde den bedst mulige service og skabe store kundeoplevelser. Hvis du har drive og talent og er klar til at tage ansvar, så giver vi dig muligheden for at udvikle dit potentiale og sætte fart på din karriere.