Are you a passionate and professional leader with a collaborative mindset, people skills and a flair for processes that creates high-performing teams? Do you have a nose for production value and feature prioritization that can turn potential into success and deliver fun and value to millions of kids around the world?
Then we would love to get you on board as our new Product Manager in MovieStarPlanet.
About The Job
As a Product Manager on one of MovieStarPlanet’s cross-disciplinary game teams you are overall responsible for the product, the people and the processes on the team. This is a complex job and in order to be successful, you must work closely together with all the brilliant people on the team and in the company to create involvement, engagement and ownership towards achieving the same goal.
Reporting to the company’s Creative Director, you work together with the company’s other Product Managers in reaching the best processes and solutions for the game as well as for the entire company.
Getting as much fun and value to the kids, and revenue to the company as fast as possible.
- Define and own the product vision, strategy and roadmap with the help of the team
- Align product vision and strategy with the company’s in collaboration with fellow Product Managers, management and other stakeholders
- Deliver features incrementally that has measurable KPI goals so we can inspect and adapt the plan accordingly
- Communicate and coordinate product vision, plans, status and achievements to your team, support teams, peers, stakeholders, management and the company on a regular basis to align on priorities and celebrate successes!
Keeping your team happy and productive: You are responsible for the people on your team, ensuring their wellbeing, motivation, growth, performance and contribution to the company.
- Conduct yearly performance dialogues, continuously follow up in 1-on-1’s throughout the year and conduct yearly salary talks
- Approve holidays, seminars etc.
- Set the right team for the right job. Screening candidates and conducting job interviews with assistance from guild leads and HR.
Using and improving agreed upon processes in the company
- Manage team to work efficiently and deliver expected quality on time
- Train team and delegate ownership where it seems fit
- Use Scrum within the guidelines of the production department
- Work with peers and your manager to improve production processes.
You are first and foremost a leader who can help people collaborate on achieving the same goals. You know that you will not succeed only by your own, but through the collaboration and involvement of highly skilled experts on your team.
You lead by example being a passionate professional having strong communication skills and are able to communicate with and bridge between different professions. You are experienced in stakeholder management presenting plans rather than problems when working with management. You have the ability to navigate between the many great ideas presented by the team and sharply prioritize the backlog based on ROI. You have a pragmatic approach and can distill gigantic epics into a minimum lovable product that can be released and iterated upon. You can unite people in why we do and prioritize as we do, so they become confident in making decisions, defining details and creating solutions.
Experience and skill set:
- Managerial/lead background. Probably coming from a Team Lead, Producer or a Product Owner role in a commercially successful gaming company
- Strong business understanding and analytic thrift. You always consider the ROI and maybe even more importantly, can educate your team to consider that as well, thus qualifying product prioritization
- Experience in launch and marketing strategies is a big advantage
- Having Scrum Master and Product Owner experience would be an ideal match
- Experience of working with analytics and improving KPIs to improve game performance is an advantage
- Knowledge of or mastery in Jira & Confluence software is an advantage
- An interest and/or knowledge in F2P gaming, social networks and our target audience (kids 8-13) is an advantage.
MovieStarPlanet ApS is the company behind the games and social networks MovieStarPlanet, BooniePlanet and BlockStarPlanet targeted for kids aged 8-13 years. In the virtual worlds, users design their own MovieStar, BlockStar or Boonie avatar, which is used to play the games and have fun with friends.
Some of the key features include dress-up, chat with friends, create looks, make movies and scrapbooks, design clothes, build worlds and prefabs and play mini-games.
Launched in Denmark in 2009, MovieStarPlanet ApS has experienced explosive growth. Currently, the games are live in 16 countries across 11 European markets as well as the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Globally we rank among the most popular virtual worlds for the target group with more than 300 million registered profiles.
MovieStarPlanet ApS employs around 120 staff at the Headquarter based in the attractive surroundings of the new and modern part of Copenhagen called Ørestad, located very close to the city center and the metro line. Corporate language is English.
Why Work With Us?
Touch the lives of millions of kids every day, and be part of a fast-growing company, producing one of the most popular games and social networks in the world for kids.
Your colleagues are highly qualified, creative, and friendly people. We are ambitious and strive to develop and support the world’s most inspiring social network for kids by delivering safe digital entertainment for fun, creativity, and sharing. We believe in learning by doing and taking ownership of tasks and projects, so you will be given a lot of freedom and responsibility from day one!
We have around 20 nationalities working with us, which provides a vibrant atmosphere. We value diversity and believe this contributes to a greater variety of viewpoints, a broader range of individual talents and professional experience.
Our passion for people and the products make us an inspiring, fun, casual and challenging place to work and creates an environment where ideas can flourish.
‘Social’ is both what we do and who we are – so every week there is a social event going on ranging from Friday bars to casual game nights to running clubs. We have a canteen in the building so lunch is served just downstairs and we offer free fruit and healthy snacks daily. For our future foreign colleagues, it could be interesting to know that we offer 5 weeks of vacation for all nationalities (paid when earned), free child 1st sick day and the right to take up to 52 weeks of combined parental leave.
So, if you want to work with passionate colleagues who care for kids and work hard every day to give them the best platform to have fun with their friends then MovieStarPlanet is the right place for you.
How To Apply?
Please apply for this position online by clicking the "Apply online" button. Your application should contain the following:
- A cover letter including a short description of your educational background, working experience and why you are motivated to work at MovieStarPlanet
- Your CV and exam results.
Application deadline is as soon as possible. We will be holding interviews at the earliest convenience.