Curious and experienced Software Developer
Would you like to join a team of committed developers with a passion for their craft? Right now, we are looking for an experienced Software Developer, who is willing to coach and spar with team members to improve the software craftsmanship in the team.
Your team and customers
Our Software Development team builds business-critical systems of all shapes and sizes for the entire organisation. We elevate the business by delivering systems that give us competitive advantages or automize critical processes. Our curiosity is a driving force and we regularly seek out new tech, practices and methodologies to discuss amongst each other.
In this job, you will get to develop software that makes a real difference. Our customers are also our colleagues and we can follow the value creation of our solutions every day. We get to dig deep into the domain of trading and finance and have a strong influence on the analysis of business-critical problems and how we best solve them with software.
What is the development journey in the job?
The key to short-term success is dedicating time to learn about the domain while working on user stories that will take you through dedicated parts of our landscape. On a longer-term, you will utilise your experience in software design and development to heighten the technical level in the team. You will be part of designing new systems in cross-functional projects and will have a direct impact on the full project lifecycle. In time, you will become a trusted sparring partner and technical beacon in the team.
The ideal candidate for this position is a real team player and has at least six years of experience with system development. If you want to learn more about IT in Danske Commodities, please have a look at https://danskecommodities.com/careers/IT
"The culture is informal, and the humor is unprecedented (by own accounts)" - Henrik Skaarup Andersen, Senior Manager, Head of Software Development.
- a company with best in class employee survey results on ‘cooperation’
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours
- numerous social and professional events incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- developing world-class software in an engaging and complex domain
- participating in full project cycles, from inception to delivery, using agile practices
- engaging our business to ensure outstanding solutions
- nurturing a coherent application architecture that is fit for purpose
We expect that you:
- have +6 years of experience with system development
- are experienced in .NET, Java or similar
- have knowledge of distributed systems
- are an experienced developer who can design and implement complex solutions
- understand DDD and microservices (this would be a plus)
- take a holistic approach to system design, from requirements to operations
We expect that you:
- Are a curious software developer who loves the craft. We like to explore and find new ways. You will feel at home if you love to discuss new tech or how to solve interesting challenges
- are a team player who enjoys collaboration. No challenge too big, and none too small. Your team will be there to support you every step of the way
- are willing to coach and spar with team members to improve the software craftsmanship in the team
Job start and type
- As soon as possible. We will be screening candidates on an ongoing basis.
Apply for this job
Please have the following documents ready. It only takes 5 minutes to complete the form.
- Exam papers
Get in touch
If you would like to know more about this position - You're welcome to call, mail:
Henrik Skaarup Andersen, Senior Manager, Head of Software Development
T: +45 5357 8153