Principal Software Engineer, Cloud Services
Help us make the world see. Join a collaborative, diverse and international team in a fast-growing company with big ambitions. Our leading open platform technology, open business model and open company culture has fueled our company for 20 years and made us a global player in the video management system industry. Here, you and your colleagues work with solutions that help organizations manage risks, protect people and assets, optimize processes and reduce costs. Welcome to the open platform company.
Milestone Systems is recruiting a Principal Software Engineer, experienced in C#, SQL and cloud technologies for a scrum team that handles cloud services for our products. These are designed to maximize the value of Milestone products for partners and end-users during the entire lifecycle of the Milestone security installation.
The role requires you to have the overview of the tasks within a sprint as well as making estimates on User Stories and tasks. You will act as the leading figure in ensuring the features are implemented on time and with high quality.
Working in a company with a great focus on our Talents, you are expected to mentor your colleagues, take ownership of the epics, drive knowledge sharing in the team and the organization.
- Review, identify and refine functional, content and data requirements
- Store, extract, modify and analyze data
- Use existing cloud solution to satisfy customer’s and stakeholder’s needs
- Design secure solutions
- Innovate and optimize performance
- Create unit tests for implemented features
- Provide customer support and fix bugs
- Collaborate within the team and the company
Preferred skills & competencies:
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills
- Skilled in C# and ASP.NET Core or MVC
- Skilled in SQL, data design and database optimizations
- Experience with designing scalable, reliable, maintainable and secure web services
- Experience with cloud technologies and service integration in public clouds
- Experience with unit testing
- Understand development isolation, version control concepts and workflows
- Working knowledge of Scrum process would be a plus
We also expect:
- You are team player who values integrity and honesty and is willing to take on any task needed for the team to succeed
- You have good analytical skills, structured work approach and attention to details
- You display initiative and driving decisions
- You are not afraid to learn from mistakes
- You are open for innovative ideas and embracing changes
- You are good at networking within company and not afraid of reaching out of the team to get help or help others
Application and contact
To apply for this position, click the Apply button and submit your CV in English. If you have questions about the job, please contact Christoph Karow via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline date: 31/10/2019.
Milestone Systems is a global industry leader in open platform IP video management software, founded in 1998 and now operating as a stand-alone company in the Canon Group. Milestone technology is easy to manage, reliable and proven in thousands of customer installations, providing flexible choices in network hardware and integrations with other systems. Sold through partners in more than 100 countries, Milestone solutions help organizations to manage risks, protect people and assets, optimize processes and reduce costs.
We call ourselves the open platform company. That stands for three things: open platform technology, an open business model and an open company culture. Our video management software (VMS) solutions are designed with an open architecture which allows for easy integration with other security and business systems. Yet open platform encompasses so much more. It also represents an open business model with an extensive technology and channel partner network, where everyone benefits from stronger innovation and value creation for our end-customers. Our open company culture is a foundation for how we collaborate internally and conduct business and share expertise and knowledge with partners and customers.
We are a fast growing company with big ambitions. The entrepreneurial spirit that founded the company can still be seen and felt, even though today we’re a global player in the surveillance industry. We’re headquartered just outside of Copenhagen, Denmark and we have offices in more than 20 countries. We offer a flexible work environment where our employees get to define their workday and have a great deal of influence over how they use their time. We work hard, set our ambitions high and celebrate our successes together. If you are change-willing, internationally-minded and interested in growing as a professional, you’ll fit in just fine. Be sure to follow us so you can be the first to know about job vacancies.