Embedded Software Developer to create exiting Bluetooth solutions
Do you want to create pioneering Bluetooth solutions for high-end embedded audio systems? Do you want to drive your own projects from A to Z – all the way from a good idea arises to you hold your own market-leading set of headphones in your hand? Join us and help us to create amazing Bluetooth solutions!
Welcome to GN Audio – home of jabra
At GN Audio, we have created the world’s first ultra-noise-cancelling microphone, the world’s first Bluetooth® headset and the world’s first sports headphones with integrated heart-rate monitor – just to name a few. Our solutions implement communication protocols over USB, audio, Bluetooth, DECT and webservices as well as operating systems for PCs and smartphones.
We listen hard to the needs of the customers and exploit new technologies to achieve the best possible results. And we want to remain at the very forefront of the market and reinvest more than 10% of our group’s revenue in R&D every year, so it is no coincidence that we keep setting trends.
“As our embedded SW developer, you will collaborate closely with experienced colleagues and experts in many different fields. We really want to make the best products every time. We examine the possibilities of implementing new technologies to optimise the products and to meet the constant evolution in customer needs.” Søren Arne Jørgensen, Manager Bluetooth ESW.
Developing and introducing technologies to Jabra
SW Engineering is part of the R&D organisation, so you can look forward to a cross-functional role where you investigate new technologies and develop existing ones.
You will join our application software team with team members in Ballerup, Denmark, Lowell, USA, Xiamen and China. We are responsible for specification, architecture, design, implementation and testing of application software for current and future GN Audio products.
You can look forward to a great mix between project immersion and cooperation with the SW UX, SW Test and other SW teams. As our embedded SW developer, you will join project/product teams from the start off until product launch and follow-up.
There are no ordinary days in the SW engineering team, but your tasks may include:
- Developing embedded software in C language
- Handling software development in all phases such as analysis, feasibility studies, requirements, design, usability, implementation, unit and release test and sustaining activities
- Investigating and introducing new technologies to GN Audio
- Planning, interfacing and negotiating software deliveries with other program team members.
Experienced developer with a knack for inspiring others
We are looking for experienced software developer who are interested in working in a highly professional and international environment.
You have a great interest and experience in usability and the use of best practices, methodologies and modern SW development tools.
You like to work with devices and enjoy paying attention to the little details that ensure the best possible quality.
- Have experience as an embedded software developer
- Are Scrum certified
- Have great experience with C programming
- Have experience with Python
- Are skilled to develop high quality solutions deployed in devices with constraints in hardware resources and power consumption
- Experience with real-time embedded systems
- Experience with communication protocols and interfaces between uControllers
- Speak and write excellent English and Danish.
It is an advantage if you have knowledge of:
- Experience in wireless communication, e.g. Bluetooth, DECT, WiFi
- Experience with USB
- Experience with battery powered embedded devices
- Experience with Audio/DSP.
What GN offers:
- A team of dedicated colleagues
- Excellent development and learning opportunities in an open work environment
- The opportunity to have an impact and influence on the projects you are working on
- Last but not least - a healthy work-life balance is highly prioritized at GN.
Would you like to know more?
To apply, use "Apply online".
Applications are assessed on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.
Human Point is a recruitment partner on this position. If you have any questions about the position, you are very welcome to contact Mia Boldsen Müller, CEO, Human Point, on +45 2866 3943.
For the purpose of processing your job application, Human Point will process your personal data. We encourage you not to provide us with sensitive information (e.g. racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health information or sexual orientation) about yourself.
The GN Group is a global leader in intelligent audio solutions that let you hear more, do more and be more than you ever thought possible. Our ambitious 150-year journey has taken us from telegraph cables to radio waves and intelligent audio engineering. To celebrate our anniversary, we look to our unique competences within medical, professional and consumer audio solutions to help us continue to transform lives through the power of sound.
GN was founded with a truly innovative and global mindset. Today, we honor that legacy with world-leading expertise in the human ear, sound, wireless technology, miniaturization and collaborations with leading technology partners. GN's solutions are marketed by the brands ReSound, Beltone, Interton, Jabra and BlueParrott in 100 countries. Founded in 1869, the GN Group employs more than 6,000 people and is listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen (GN.CO).