Global IT Supporter
Are you passionate about IT and do you want to challenge yourself among talented international colleagues in a global shipping company? Then this is an exciting opportunity to gain valuable experience within IT Support and Services.
As an on-site IT Supporter, you provide support to our employees in Denmark, but also remote support to our offices worldwide. You become a part of a dynamic company that will challenge your IT skills as complex issues sometimes need to be solved. You are a competent and efficient problem solver who enjoys a hectic everyday life, as well as being motivated by providing excellent support to the end-users.
Over the next year, we will perform a lot of exciting process and system improvements in order to deliver professional and efficient IT service to Ultragas, Ultrabulk, UltraShip and Ultranav Business Support.
“As our IT team is small, we expect our colleague to be an all-round person. The tasks vary from configuring mobile devices, upgrading the firewall and assisting with planning and executing the rollout of a new software solution” says Head of IT Operations Martin Bakkemose.
As our new colleague, your main responsibility will be to make sure that the daily operation of the IT Service Team as well as executing on the IT service strategy. Among other interesting tasks and projects, you will have the opportunity to work with:
- 1st level User support (desktop, applications, connectivity etc.)
- Assisting our colleagues around the world via UC solutions
- Installing physical IT equipment (laptops, mobile devices, screens, docking stations etc.)
- Onboarding/offboarding of colleagues
- Participate in IT projects on a random basis
- Maintain AD User and Security groups as per IT policy both on-premise and in Office365
- Building and configuring servers in Hyper-V
- Establish and maintain a good end-user relationship
To succeed in the job
As a person, you need to be service-minded, outgoing and a team player. You need to be passionate about IT and understand the difficulties employees may face. Your approach is pragmatic and flexible and you have strong interpersonal skills. You understand that the experience of your customers is a very important factor for your success. As the IT Service Team in Ultranav Business Support is small, it is important that you have a broad IT knowledge and you are willing to take on many and varied tasks. You should expect some travel activity to be part of the job.
We are looking for the following qualifications and competencies:
- Relevant IT education
- 0-5 years of work experience
- Overall hardware and software skills with a genuine interest in IT
- Knowledge of Microsoft clients, IT security, printers, AD and infrastructure
- Knowledge of Citrix, Office365 and Hyper-V platform.
- Responsible, structured and service-minded
- Proactive, full of initiative and able to keep deadlines
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Fluent in oral and written English as this is our corporate language
- Able to develop and adapt your role depending on your interests and skills
We offer a competitive salary which will reflect your experience and qualifications, as well as an attractive benefits package. Furthermore, we believe in freedom and flexibility under responsibility so the office hours can be adjusted to accommodate your work-life balance.
In the Ultra Group, we know that a good working environment requires a good social environment across both departments and companies. This means that as an employee in the Ultra Group you have the opportunity to join a running club, participate in the DHL run, join the common breakfast every Friday or take part in some of the other social events planned throughout the year. In addition to this, we also offer health insurance, a discount agreement with SATS and an in-house massage agreement.
For further information about the position, please contact Head of IT Operations Martin Bakkemose (+45) 2051 3171 or Head of HR Carina Cappelen (+45) 4231 firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application and CV via the “apply now” button as soon as possible and no later than 1st of December 2019. However, don’t wait until the deadline as applications are evaluated continuously and interviews will take place as soon as possible. Your application will be treated with confidence, and our reply will be sent to the email address you have registered in our recruitment system.