Business Intelligence Consultant for a truly data-driven company
Do you love data – and would you like to provide the best possible support for data-driven decision-making?? Are you interested in creating state of the art Business Intelligence solutions together with other passionate and skilled colleagues? Then you might be the next talent in our Business Intelligence team.
What we do
In the Business Intelligence team, we empower business users, data scientists and data analysts to discover, explore and analyse relevant data. We are dedicated to making Danske Commodities the best data-driven energy trading company.
Using our proprietary data warehouse platform, we deliver fast and effective data to support our entire trading value-chain and ensure the best possible support for data-driven decision-making. We work close to the trading teams while managing a short time-to-market and a continuous delivery model.
Work with the best and stay tuned in
You will be part of a team where people like to challenge themselves and each other. We like to explore new ideas and continuously expand our technical horizon within the Business Intelligence domain. Our culture is characterised by having fun while working hard and reaching our goals as a team – we expect the same from you.
Starting out, you will get a thorough introduction to the BI team, your role, tasks and our data warehouse platform. You will join our Market Data team, where you through close sparring with the team, will learn our development process, understand our business model and how we interact with our stakeholders. On the longer term, you will support the execution of our data strategy and take a more permanent role in one of our portfolio teams – organised around specific business domains. Together with you, we will define tasks and responsibilities aligned with your professional interests and competencies.
The ideal candidate for this position is a highly skilled Microsoft Business Intelligence consultant with minimum 1-2 years of experience. If you want to meet one of your potential new colleagues - you can meet Michael Barret here: danskecommodities.com/careers/it/michael-barrett
"I wanted to work for a company that was truly data-driven, so I could apply my experience in a way that would have a significant impact on key aspects of the business."
Michael Barrett, Lead Data Architect
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development by getting a lot of responsibility – also, we have our very own DC University
- a young, diverse and ambitious environment – our average age is 33 and we represent 28 nationalities
- numerous social and professional events incl. sporting events and parties
- flexible working hours
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station.
- engage our business and translate complex business requirements into world-class Business Intelligence solutions – leveraging our existing data warehouse platform and delivery model
- analyse, plan, design and develop solutions that support efficient data flows and business processes
- integrate external vendor data into our platform using the Microsoft BI stack.
We expect that you:
- hold a relevant master’s degree within Business Intelligence, Information Technology, Computer Science or similar
- are a highly skilled Microsoft Business Intelligence consultant with minimum 1-2 years of experience
- are familiar with data warehouse principles and data modelling
- have a proven experience and strong competencies within the Microsoft BI stack and requirements specification processes
- (preferably) have knowledge of the energy trading business; we expect professional curiosity with a willingness to develop your business understanding
- are fluent in English – both written and verbal.
We expect that you:
- are curious and love to understand the stakeholders' needs and challenges from multiple perspectives
- have a structured problem-solving approach and are quick to grasp key issues
- are proactive, service-minded and have the ability to seek solutions for users
- are open for learning new technologies, as it is important that we understand, develop and roll these out across the data warehouse platform to the benefit of our business stakeholders.
Job start & type
- As soon as possible. We will be screening candidates on an ongoing basis.
Apply for this job
Please have the following documents ready. It only takes 5 minutes to complete the form.
- Exam papers