Web application developer
Sigma Systems, a Hansen Technologies company, is the global leader in catalogue-driven software solutions for communications, media and high-tech companies. We proudly support a wide variety of services, including enhanced TV, on-demand video, service management, voice and high-speed data communications with our award-winning products.
We are looking for a Web Application Developer to join our team. You will be part of a project team that always strives to deliver high-quality code that meets requirements and is on time.
- Implementing Sigma’s Configure, Price Quote (CPQ) product (which is built-in Typescript, Node, Mongo and Angular.JS) for customers
- Understanding and implementing configuration and code-based extensions to meet specific customer requirements
- Designing and implementing integration into third party products including but not limited to SaleForce and MS Dynamics CRM
- Engage with Sigma teams including product management, presales, support and testing
- Engage in customer projects to understand functional and business requirements
- Engineer quality, maintainable and testable code
- Implement unit tests and follow wherever possible a TDD approach.
- Ensure all assigned deliverables are completed on specification, quality and according to agreed timelines
- Participate in solution and architecture development and design
- Follow Sigma Systems development and architectural and UI standards.
What you bring to the table
- 4+ years’ experience in software development
- Expertise in full-stack application development in TypeScript and experience of:
- AngularJS, JQuery etc.
- HTML, and CSS (Bootstrap).
- Significant experience in building, testing, and deploying high quality, highly reliable, scalable web applications, APIs, and user-interfaces in a team environment
- Experience with and a passion for quality-oriented software development best practices including unit and functional testing, automation, continuous integration, and low-dependency architectures
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented Design and Development
- Strong experience working on various project methodologies
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and willing to get involved in the detail and be hands-on (be it in design or in technical configuration activities)
- Proven ability to achieve challenging goals and objectives or deadlines
- Desirable to have some knowledge experience of CPQ and OM solutions.
- Travel-ready – this role is frequently at a customer location primarily in Northern Germany.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, preferable fluency in German.
About The Hansen Group
In June 2019, Sigma Systems was acquired by Hansen Technologies, the leading global provider of billing software, customer care, data management and catalogue-driven technologies for Pay-TV operators, telecommunications providers, energy and utility companies. Founded in 1971, Hansen Technologies now employs over 1,500 people with offices around the world, including Australia, the United States, Canada, New Zealand, Denmark, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, China, India, Vietnam and the United Kingdom, servicing 600 customers in over 80 countries across the globe. To find out more about Hansen go to www.hansencx.com
Why work for us?
When you join Sigma Systems, you are part of a global award-winning company that cares about its employees – and is recognized as such. We have been certified as a Great Place to Work® by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada, and have also received the Gold Standard from Deloitte, in the category of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We are also proud to be recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers by The Globe and Mail. Sigma Systems has also been named among the 30 Best Companies to Work For in Wales, in recognition of our achievements in workplace health and well-being.
For us, it’s all about our people. Our team is what makes us great and it’s who we are most proud of. When you walk into any Sigma or Hansen Technologies office around the world, you’ll immediately feel a part of something special. We offer:
- A comprehensive benefits plan
- Professional Development Program
- A flexible work environment and a collaborative workspace.
Our employees’ well-being and development is a core principle. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe in diversity and inclusion. We believe that when our employees live a well-balanced life, we become stronger as a team. If this sounds like a team you want to be a part of, don’t hesitate to apply.
Our office in Sønderborg has 100 employees and we are located in inspiring surroundings at the waterfront.
We would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.