Senior Software Test Engineer
Are you interested in testing cutting edge eLearning solutions that can make a difference and help save lives? Come join our Applications Team at Laerdal Copenhagen!
The Applications team is a band of motivated players who work on a range of projects with different complexities and technical challenges. We are charged with implementing and testing complex digital learning simulation platforms and solutions, keeping up with continuous deployment schedules and releases. Each day brings a new set of fun challenges.
As a Senior Software Test Engineer, you will collaborate closely with other members of the software development team, including developers, designers and scrum masters, to ensure a constant and consistently high bar of quality and performance while ensuring all deadlines are met.?
Laerdal Medical is a world-leading provider of medical and educational products, helping doctors and nurses around the world save lives. The Laerdal Copenhagen office is our center of excellence for digital learning. Laerdal is highly respected for its products and more than a million healthcare providers use our digital learning solutions each year, and we intend to increase the number of our users significantly over the coming years. We are highly respected for our products and this gives us the opportunity to change how Life Support and First Aid education is delivered in the future. This means applying new platforms, the latest technologies, and innovative solutions to our challenges. We're located in an old warehouse in Islands Brygge and take pride in a joyful work culture with a focus on work-life balance and a competitive work package, flexible working conditions and a casual office environment with company-sponsored social activities and perks.
Your day to day responsibilities will be:
- Creating product test plans and writing and refining test cases for new features and systems.
- Estimating and planning test efforts.
- Testing deliverables and collaborating as part of a scrum team, performing thorough software testing including functional, regression, performance and deployment.
- Identify, troubleshoot, report and verify bugs.
- Represent the test team at relevant meetings.
- Mentor, train and assist junior QA Testers.
- You are passionate about testing and able to have fun with it. A casual, open and fun work environment is important for you and place where you can thrive.
- As a person, you are proactive, self-motivated and have a can-do attitude. You take challenges as an instrument of growth and you can adapt to change easily. You are also able to influence people around you and drive change.
- You have good communication and interpersonal skills. You can verbalize to others what is on your mind, adapting to different audiences depending on the situation. You have a good sense for when issues need to be escalated.
- You can speak and write English fluently due to our collaboration with international offices and partners.
Your education and experience
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 4+ years of QA experience working in a team-oriented environment
- In-depth knowledge of testing approaches and concepts.
- The ability to understand all phases of software development, and to efficiently monitor, diagnose, and prioritize testing duties is critical to success in this role.
- Strong experience in manual testing, developing test plans and writing test cases.
- Hands-on experience with project and test management tools: Jira/X-Ray.
- Experience working as part of a scrum team.
- Experience or knowledge of continuous delivery/continuous release pipeline processes
- Understanding of Test Automation tools for Web UI testing.
- A focused and proactive approach towards QA, with the ability to work under pressure.
- Experience within the gaming industry a plus.
Please, note that we will be reviewing applications and setting up interviews on an ongoing basis. For further information, please contact the Technical Team Manager for the Applications team, Nuria R. Pellitero by e-mail Nuria.Pellitero@laerdal.com or phone 0045 44220621.
Applications it only accepted by applying with the “Apply here” below.