Technical Support Manager
One is only as good as your supporting cast! Will you lead the technical support of our product and technical teams, so that we can develop innovative digital solutions to help save lives?
Laerdal Copenhagen is looking for a full-time internal Technical Support Manager to help support our teams in their day to day work – and to make sure we have a well-oiled organization from an IT and technical perspective.
We are looking for a person to be the day-to-day manager of the internal technical support duo – aiding the Copenhagen office of approximately 100 people.
The team you will manage is responsible for:
- The everyday support of our employees – helping them overcome small or large technical obstacles blocking them from being efficient in carrying out their work.
- Ensuring technical aspects of the office (i.e. meeting conference equipment, printers, WIFI, access security system, power grid etc.) are running in a user-friendly and efficient manner.
- The continuous maintenance and life-cycle management of our employees’ laptops, hardware and software.
- The scaling and maintenance of servers, workstations, laptops and other IT solutions, so they fit the requirements of our departments and we meet our business needs
- The continuous planning of backup solutions for the site’s development servers.
- Surveillance and monitoring of internal systems and external threats
- Ensuring that technical and IT standards & security policies are run according to the company’s guidelines (including being the administrator of our Information Security Management System and facilitating our yearly ISMS audits).
Your personal qualities:
- You’re a team player and get energy from working together with colleagues.
- You are service-minded, proactive, positive and have lots of drive and energy.
- You have strong administrative and organizational skills.
- You have good communication skills and are proficient in English, both spoken and written.
- You have EU work experience and a Danish work & resident permit.
Your background and competences:
- You have an academic degree equivalent to a bachelor or higher in a technical domain.
- You have several years of experience with system administration and/or implementing projects related to IT infrastructure
- You have previous experience and competences working with Linux/MAC
- You have previous experience and competences working with Microsoft On-premise/Azure/Office 365 technology
- You have previous experience and competences with Network technologies (including Cisco).
Laerdal Copenhagen offers:
Laerdal Copenhagen offers a full-time position in a collaborative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive work package, flexible working conditions and a casual open office environment with social activities and perks. We are located in Islands Brygge, Copenhagen, and expect that you will be working from our office during most days, as we believe face-to-face collaboration is an important part of innovation and progress.
About Laerdal Copenhagen:
Laerdal Copenhagen is the center of excellence for Laerdal’s digital learning solutions. With a unique mix of talents - ranging from medical doctors and user experience designers to software engineers and talents from the video game industry - we work with international partners to develop cutting edge e-learning products to help train healthcare professionals, as well as laypeople. More than a million healthcare providers use Laerdal eLearning products every year to learn important medical procedures like basic life support and CPR.
About Laerdal Medical:
Our vision is that no one should die or be disabled unnecessarily during birth or from a sudden illness, trauma, or medical errors.
Laerdal Medical is one of the world’s leading providers of healthcare solutions. We are dedicated to helping save lives with products and services for Simulation, Airway Management, Immobilization, Basic Life Support, Advanced Life Support, Patient Care, Self-Directed Learning and Medical Education. Laerdal is pleased to serve all healthcare providers and educators, from the lay rescuer to medical professionals.
Laerdal operates sales and support offices in 26 countries worldwide, and our head office is located in Stavanger, Norway.
Please, note that we will be reviewing applications and setting up interviews on an ongoing basis. For further information, please contact Anne Gerd Sindballe HR-Manager by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0045 44220621.