Consultant, Project Management
Do you always deliver what you’ve promised? So do we!
At the heart of every great technology, solution is great management, always making sure that the project delivers what it set out to do and matches expectations.
Founded in 2000 as a joint venture between Microsoft and Accenture, Avanade is helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, all powered by the Microsoft ecosystem.
At Avanade Denmark, we are currently 65 dedicated employees and we plan to grow. This is why we are looking for new talents to join us and become part of this exciting journey.
You believe that teamwork is the key to delivering successful projects and on a day-to-day basis you always strive to do your best! We believe everyone matters and it is important for us that we deliver as a team. So, if you possess the right "can do - will do attitude" we will guarantee you great career development opportunities and improve your ability to anticipate and execute changing needs.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The lifecycle of an Avanade project runs all the way from planning to sales through to execution and closure, with many stops in between. As a Consultant Project Manager, you make sure that they are all delivered on time, on budget and at the highest quality. You keep partners and relevant stakeholders updated regularly on progress and status, balance risks and issues and monitor financial performance.
DAY-TO-DAY, YOU WILL:
- Develop, implement and maintain a detailed project work plan, including appropriate controls, governance structures and monitoring to ensure on-time, on-budget and high-quality outcomes
- Balance scope, schedule, budget, quality and risks and propose and implement adjustments as necessary
- Be responsible for managing the project team made of onshore, offshore and near-shore colleagues and guide junior team members
- Coordinate, report and respond to project issues and risks
- Develop and implement change management processes
- Grow and maintain good client relationships
- Travel as needed.
You really enjoy working with minimal structure and you think and work systematically and logically, always focusing on the detail and with a customer-oriented attitude. You’re comfortable handling multiple priorities. Your spoken and written communications in at least Danish and English are always clear, and you have good client interface and management, interpersonal and presentation skills.
YOUR EXPERIENCE LIKELY INCLUDES:
- Working knowledge of at least one software development methodology and Microsoft platform technologies
- Experience in managing infrastructure projects
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Project and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Basic knowledge of contract terms and earned value reporting.
- Used to managing IT projects for enterprise customers
- You probably have a Bachelor’s degree in Business or a technology-related field. We’d like if you are PMI/Prince 2 or SCRUM certified.
- You have around three to five years of consulting project management experience and at least two years of management experience.
Above this we also want you to:
- Enjoy working in diverse teams
- Posess hunger and a big drive for constantly being up to date with technology and new features and changes
- Posses a 'can do - will do' attitude, that guarantees the absolute best client experience
- Have excellent written and oral/presentation skills both in Danish and in English
- Have an interest in innovation and technology
At Avanade, we believe that training and development of our employees is the key to success, and together we will be developing your project management expertise.
If the above sounds interesting, click on 'Apply now' and Davide Sanguini from Talent Acquisition will arrange meetings with relevant applicants on an on-going basis in the pursuit to find our next, future star consultants.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.