Are you ready to step into a key role as a solution architect on a large-scale project?
Joining us you become part of a company where we value a healthy work-life balance and where great colleagues are ready to welcome you to the team. At the same time, you step into a global network of skilled architects and a position where your work will have a real impact.
Capgemini is looking for senior architects with experience of digital transformation, preferably from multi-national/global organisations. You will work in a team of architects supporting a global client in their journey from legacy products and systems to digital products.
The challenges center around multi-cloud delivery, data-driven development with autonomous product teams, where the majority of the current system landscape is bespoke systems running in in-house data centers. You should be able to advise, guide and steer the transformation for a group of products, involving several DevOps teams; at the same time, you need to be able to guard the decommissioning of the legacy systems.
You need to understand modern architecture patterns for cloud-native solutions, and you need to be able to work with data protection.
A global leader at the forefront of innovation
At Capgemini, we collaborate with the world’s leading brands to strengthen their business through innovative consultancy, technology services and digital transformation. We have 50 years of experience within our field and count more than 225.000 employees in 40+ countries, with 300 of us located in greater Copenhagen and Aarhus, Denmark.
Map system landscapes and architectures
As a Capgemini consultant, you will become part of our solution architect team, where you and your fellow colleagues solve tasks for a wide variety of clients. Right now, we need you for a specific project where you will be instrumental in analysing and mapping one of our clients’ system landscapes and architectures.
Taking on a key role within the client’s organisation you will enter into a collaboration between the client, Capgemini and technology suppliers. Here you will be the driving source in determining how the client’s new digital products should be designed and in choosing the right cloud technologies and patterns.
Your tasks will include:
The Solution Architect is an important part of the team both at our clients and during proposals, working as a Single Point of Contact for the interpretation and translation of a client’s functional and technical requirements into a winning solution concept.
- Managing all relationships for the designated solution – internally and externally
- Responsible for the development, ownership and communication of the solution architecture for a project/program. This includes developing the context, integration, information, security, operations and infrastructure views of the architecture and their alignment with the business architecture.
- Gathering necessary input on client business objectives, industry, risk assessment, budget and preferences
- Manage, technically control and ensure high-quality delivery by following Capgemini defined process, quality assurance framework and established norms
- Defines the system components, services, technologies, and design required to implement a solution
- Interfacing with the delivery organization to ensure effective transition on time, on budget, within the scope
- Aligning solution architecture (including the statement of work, schedules and other contractual documents) with final terms and conditions, incl. legal and commercial considerations
- Develop compelling solutions in a digital landscape that include, but are not limited to: Governance & Delivery model, staffing, location and coverage, service levels, differentiated and contextualized value adds, transformation approach, etc.
- Produce high-quality presentations, responses to RFPs, etc. on time
- Participate in Pre-Sales activities after submission of the proposal, incl. willingness to travel for orals/pitches whenever the opportunity demands, and situation arises
- Effective project management in regard to solution architecture
- Formal/ informal contribution to the team through knowledge/ information sharing.
Skills & requirements
Your analytical overview is second to none and you have a far-reaching and in-depth technical understanding within your field of expertise. To succeed, you will also need excellent communication skills making complex issues easily understood. Likewise, you navigate at all levels of an organisation with ease and create consensus across stakeholders.
Moreover, we expect you to have:
- 5+ years of experience as a solution architect
- Knowledge of Cloud, DevOps, TOGAF, Microservice Architecture, Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud-native patterns
- Experience with agile work methods and maybe even SAFe
- Knowledge of legal aspects of tender processes
- Experience working with suppliers
- Excellent communication skills in English– verbally and in writing
- Stakeholder management experience and interpersonal skills a must
- Industry-specific experience and proven track record
- Should have worked for large digital transformation projects in solution design, application design and development
- Understanding of Agile / DevOps incl. certification a clear plus
- Taking charge of the technical part of the project management, assisting in project planning and coordination and ensuring documentation of the project
- Taking lead to determine the system architecture in corporation with customer stakeholders Planning and facilitating various workshops
- Facilitating the decision process and ensuring the project is anchored within the organisation
- Ensuring the technologies chosen are compliant with regulations and GDPR requirements
- Willingness to learn and keep yourself informed. Willingness to share knowledge
This year, Capgemini was elected one the most ethical businesses in the world, and in 2018, Danish IT media Computerworld put us on the top 10 for job satisfaction. Here we take great care of each other. So, though you will be spending most of your time out in the field your Capgemini colleagues are always close by if you need assistance – there is no doubt that you are part of the team.
“It is truly a great place to be. Our professional level is through the roof and there are so many different career paths to choose from here.”
– Steffen Lang, Principal Consultant
If you have any questions about this position, you are welcome to contact Peter Rostrup at Peterfirstname.lastname@example.org
We will be conducting interviews on a continuous basis, so please send your application and resume as soon as possible via the link above.
Read more about the endless opportunities you will be able to offer our clients on our website.
We look forward to hearing from you!
About the company
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms.
Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people.
It is a multicultural company of over 225,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion.