Senior Software Engineer
Do you want to be part of Autodesk’s digital transformation of manufacturing? Do you want to solve complex software and mathematical problems, to help our customers manufactures impossible shapes with ease, meeting their own quality and time constraints? Are you passionate about engaging with colleagues across the globe and working in an Agile development environment? If this sounds like you, read on!
In this position, you will play an important role in the definition and development of core technologies and CAM calculation algorithms that make up Autodesk’s manufacturing products. You will use your knowledge and enthusiasm on projects covering all aspects of the software development process. You will join a Scrum team with members in Denmark and the UK and actively contribute to the team’s success by reviewing, and assessing customer problems, architecting and implementing solutions and presenting the results. You will work in the centrally located Copenhagen office alongside a group of local developers and more than 1000 developers internationally in an environment that is both challenging and rewarding.
- Development and maintenance of key maths algorithms for our CAM calculation engines.
- Collaborate with teams of excellent engineers to design, plan, develop, refactor, test, deliver and maintain complex features and components
- Interact with the product owner and product management teams to review and implement proposed designs
- Working to Agile methodologies as an active member of a distributed Scrum team
- Able to work independently and pro-actively, leading solution development
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Solid experience in software development, preferably with a computational maths element
- First or upper-second class degrees in Computer Science, Engineering, Maths, Physics or a related technical field
- Experience with C++, ideally it should be your strongest language
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity with computational geometry
- Experience with Git or similar source code revision control systems
- Knowledge about CAD/CAM
- Experience of working with a distributed team
With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It's disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital scientists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.