Senior Software Engineer for Gaming Industry
On behalf of BetaDwarf, Randstad is looking for a star player, a Software Engineer who can up the quality of the game services BetaDwarf provides and someone who can assist in making Project Haven a reality!
BetaDwarf is an ambitious venture company where they push the boundaries of co-op games to create lifelong friendships all around and across the world.
It all started in Copenhagen with a small group squatting in a university classroom for 7 months, being discovered and moving in together in a villa for 3 years. Through a kickstarter, a private bank loan and perseverance, they released FORCED, selling 500,000 copies and since then reaching millions of players with Minion Masters.
Joined by the illustrious London Venture Partners, Makers Fund, 1Up Ventures, and Everblue Management, they are on a journey to becoming a front-runner in games that also attacks a society epidemic; loneliness.
“Minion Masters continues to grow, even exceeding the redoubtable Brawlhalla for some days at the start of their most recent season. I called them that day, but they were busy discussing those results to see what lessons to draw to improve it next season. What a team. They are such a pleasure to work with and it is our privilege to associate ourselves with them and play a small part in their journey. We can’t wait to see what the next 12 months, let alone five years, will bring for them. If you want to work on games in Denmark, we propose you call them soon." – London Venture Partners
- Contribute to the development and discussions surrounding overall system architecture.
- Collaborate with designers, artists, and engineers to develop and refine key systems for multiple game titles.
- Design, implement and develop tools for designers and artists.
- Maintain tools for performance, stability, and error-free operation.
- Identify and resolve pipeline issues and pursue opportunities for workflow improvements.
- Advanced understanding of C#
- A minimum of 5 years’ application programming experience
- Experience working with Unity
- Able to communicate with non-technical team-members
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment and handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Service-oriented attitude with an eye for efficiency and workflow
- Advanced understanding of game content pipeline and tools
- Strong debugging skills
- Well versed in software engineering principles
- Agile development experience
- Competitive compensation package incl. share ownership.
- Flat company structure, granting a lot of influence over key decisions.
- BetaDwarf works with passion to create the most possible value with the time they have. That means making bold moves and solving hard problems, and sometimes failing, but always learning.
- They are ambitious and fast-moving but care deeply about making sure team members are fulfilled in their work.
A mission for good
As BetaDwarf dug in and considered how co-op, guilds and other social play change as you get older, they began to realize the scale of loneliness in our time and the opportunity this represents for someone working in their space of the market. A mission for good. A cause. A company that will focus on making games that makes you friends. BetaDwarf found their “X” - read more about Project Haven here.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Specialist Recruitment Consultant, Kasper Kjærgaard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Randstad, we help people and companies elaborate on their full potential. We combine knowledge with modern technology to create changes that help people move forward. We call it: human forward. Randstad DK is a part of the international Randstad Group, which is one of the world's largest HR solutions. With over 4,800 offices distributed in 39 countries, we are providing work to more than 650,000 people worldwide. In Denmark, we are among the leading and recruitment agencies with branches in Copenhagen, Aarhus, Aalborg, Kolding, and Esbjerg. We have achieved such a level because we as experts in the labor market manage to match qualified candidates with the right job opportunities.