Solution Architect for GIS & IT
Do you want to impact the entire life cycle of projects shaping the future of our societies? Can you do technical project management, implementing successful solutions of high quality? And are you a great problem solver with a strategic mindset? Then join us and we can be outstanding together.
Join our GIS & IT Department in Lyngby, Denmark
In GIS and IT, you will become part of COWI's Economics and Planning division. GIS and IT numbers around 45 skilled experts. We are a major geospatial data and solution provider in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. We offer integrated GIS and IT solutions covering the entire lifecycle of IT systems, from the preparation of the business case, over system architecture, software design and development, to data management, data analysis/machine learning, systems maintenance, support and hosting/operation.
Design the future with a global team of experts
In this position, you will join our global team of experts and work closely with other experienced Solution Consultancy specialist covering several domains and toolsets. Your finest task in our team will be to create successful solutions of high quality and engagement, ensuring that our clients receive the solutions envisioned. You will become part of a diverse team of specialists working on solutions and systems in various sizing and complexity. From pre-analysis identifying new IT solutions to major IT projects crucial for shaping the future of our societies.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Create sustainable solutions for our clients
- Maintain dialogue with our internal and external clients
- Do business, technical and strategic solution architecture
- Assist with systems, infrastructure and software architecture
- Ensure the technical project management
- Analyse existing business processes and systems and engage with the client for the optimised solution
- Do technical sales work
- Visit and work with clients at their premises.
COWI is a leader within our field because our employees are leaders within theirs. We invite you to learn from the best and expand your potential in an outstanding environment, where we collaborate on shaping tomorrow's societies. Alongside your manager, you outline the path for your development and build your expertise on a day-to-day basis, working on global and local assignments.
Your skills. Our team. Together, we design the future
Your skills are the key to our success. Working across borders and disciplines, we share knowledge and build strong relationships with colleagues and customers. You contribute with your expertise and get to learn from the best.
To succeed in this position, we believe that you should be a team player with excellent social skills, feeling pleased with working as a team player who is attentive and has a structured work approach, interested in developing practical solutions.
Furthermore, you have:
- More than three years of experience within solution or systems architecture
- Experience with working in larger projects in complex business domains
- Experience with public clients and/or experience from another consulting company is an advantage
- Experience with one or more of following technologies: Sparx Enterprise Architect, Visual Studio, ESRI ArcGIS Platform, Open Source GIS
- Competencies for one or more of following methods: PRINCE2, TOGAF, EA3, ITIL, Archimate, UML, BPMN, SCRUM, SAFe
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Danish and English.
Do you have any questions?
Please call Head of Section in GIS & IT, Thor Jessen on tel. +45 5640 2026.
How to apply
Click on the link below and tell us why you are the right person for this role. We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible since the recruitment process is ongoing. The application deadline is stated at the top of the page.
Equal opportunity employer
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.